Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: The Tunes That Are "Doing It"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Nice simple one here, what tunes are currently doing it in the bars/clubs you work at?

How you interpret "doing it" is completely up to you.

Cheers.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 2:50 am
day and nite - kid cudi
sambuca 2008 - wideboys
infinity - guru josh
sandy b - world go round 2008
erm......

Up here its all about baseline at the minute....which is starting to get on my tits, whatever happened to the electric breakdown.
I am trying to educate the cretins in the way of the breakbeat, but it is like pulling teeth.

anyway, there you go

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 3:33 am
I couldnt agree more with devdev - I work in a club in Northamptonshire (UK) and it's all about the B-Line!

Kid Cudi is favourite, Guru Josh & the Sambuca 2008 too
Also our crowd like tracks they can jump around too: pjanooo, Paddy's Revenge etc.

Dunno if you've got it but if your lot like B-Line another favourite is the AgentX version of Dizzee Rascal's "Dance Wiv Me"

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 5:37 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Phillip_Hill wrote :
I work in a club in Northamptonshire (UK) and it's all about the B-Line!

Well where I play, that Bass line shit is all about died now, thank fcuk ;)

For me, it's anything by Deadmau5 and Dave Spoon or Vandalism on the remixes :)

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 8:41 am
Just an idea - if your going to post in this section about the tunes that are doing it - post your aprox location and venue type. That way it gives a idea of geographical trend analysis.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 9:12 am
Phillip_Hill wrote :
Just an idea - if your going to post in this section about the tunes that are doing it - post your aprox location and venue type. That way it gives a idea of geographical trend analysis.

very true - if i tried to play ANY of the above tunes in a club around here they'd take one look at me and want to know what planet i was from. we have one club around here that plays anything even close to that and they're only open 2 nights a week.. and only one of those has an appreciable crowd.

and before we get into the argument about music and which is better - just remember that out there, somewhere someone LIKES Hungarian salsa polka's. doesnt matter what kind of music, as long as you're spinning it, and not holding a shovel in the middle of a field of incontinent bovines.

songs that work in one town won't necessarly work in a town 50 miles away - we get girls from Austin driving up to see their soldiers or a concert up here asking me for songs that if i take a chance on, usually empty out my dance floor.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 2:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I think Come On Eileen did it with The Electric Slide...and we got The Cotton Eye Joe from it.....

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 2:45 pm
wow teary - that made my eyes water. after i could get them uncrossed.

i think the newest tracks we're playing that gets them jumping (and please remember we are in a localized dimensional rift that is months behind the rest of the planet) are "In The Ayer" and "Krazy". everythng else is older cause the newer stuff out there sucks donky balls down in the 70-75bpm basement

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 5:27 pm
Phoenix is all about 2-4 year old stuff Usher, beyonce, ciarra, nelly furtado, timbaland, first round of pussycat dolls stuff......the only "current" songs doing anything AT ALL in the top 40 clubs are "Beyonce-Single Ladies", "Savage-Swing" & "Lil John/Pitbull-Krazy"

The songs I am suprised are NOT working are "Kanye-Love Lockdown", "Lady GaGa-Just Dance", "Akon-Right Now"....radio has been all over these for weeks now and they are VERY danceable but my crowd won't touch them.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 4:41 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :
Phoenix is all about 2-4 year old stuff Usher, beyonce, ciarra, nelly furtado, timbaland, first round of pussycat dolls stuff......the only "current" songs doing anything AT ALL in the top 40 clubs are "Beyonce-Single Ladies", "Savage-Swing" & "Lil John/Pitbull-Krazy"

The songs I am suprised are NOT working are "Kanye-Love Lockdown", "Lady GaGa-Just Dance", "Akon-Right Now"....radio has been all over these for weeks now and they are VERY danceable but my crowd won't touch them.

right there with you on that.. except for the kanye and beyonce - i just can't stand his whiney ass, and i haven't had anyone ask me for a beyonce tune in over a year.

bugs don't it? thousands of danceable tunes and they ask for the same crap over and over.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 5:50 am
Wouldn't this topic be more suited for the "music" forums?

I brought up topics like video mixes and it was quickly pushed over to that forum and this one DEFINITELY falls into that category.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 7:16 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Ok, moved to music discussion.
The songs that rock place now:
Geo Da Silva - I'll Do You Like A Truck (old but still popular)
Dj Pantelis - Funky Banjo (new)
Dj Rynno vs. Chicanos - All Night Long (Radio Edit) (also new)
Funk Fanatics - Love Is The Answer (Freemasons Remix) (latest hit by Freemasons)
Uberfett - El Zoomah (Original Mix)
Monako - Shake Da Body
R.I.O. - Shine On
Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Freemasons Rebuild)
Spencer And Hill - Right On Time (Original Mix)
The Brothers Funk - Dirty Cash (Vocal Mix)
Hope it gives you some ideas ;)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 11:27 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Well low-fat-al,

You got your wise ;)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 11:29 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just love "do you like a truck".... at max volume

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 11:35 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yeah, there is also videos for that track ;)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 4:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
brilliant , oops, just got an ear bashing off the wife..... music to loud, lol

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 5:07 pm
Recently AVB just released a couple of new remixes. Ferry Vs. Armin - Smack My B up. older song completley redone with radio clash

Posted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)