Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: V 2024 April Update CPU usage
The April 2024 update is causing massive CPU usage rendering program useless. I'm running an i-9 Tower. Program stating computer not capable of real-time stems. Then crashing failing to reload etc. Even when real time stems is turned off. Problem is not resolved. My setup is the same as prior to update, where it was working fine.

I'm forced to use my 2023 version as I don't see previous version options available on the website.

Thanks for your attention.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 10:03 am
chazincHome userMember since 2022
Same problem. Please can you do some customer care and respond. You have ruined my recording schedule with this update.

Posted Wed 01 May 24 @ 3:10 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Most of us test the new releases before using them live.

Posted Thu 02 May 24 @ 1:56 am
"i9 tower"...
i9 is just a branding designation and tells us nothing about the computer's actual processor clock speed.
processor speed -
RAM -
graphics card -
are stems disabled in Options and on the Audio tab EQ settings?
is it set to use or ignore GPU in Performance Options?
what is running in the background processes -
has all the bloatware been uninstalled? (not just the usual factory stuff but also and especially if it's a Dell and their 'helpful' bloatware is causing it's usual usage issues)
what controller if any is plugged in -
have you opened task manager to look and see what is taking up the most RAM and CPU while running?

all these details and more can be clues as to why you're having usage spikes that you shouldn't be having -i run an old 3.5ghz i7 tower with 32gb RAM and an RTX 3050 and don't have issues running 2024.

Posted Thu 02 May 24 @ 4:46 am
need fixes for 2024 update prgram crashes, or go back to version before tihs update.

Posted Thu 02 May 24 @ 2:05 pm