Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane Four - Stutter/blip when triggering Virtual DJ software effects with the toggle switches.
I'm trying to use some of Virtual DJ's software effects with my Rane Four... especially the "Loop Out" effect in VDJ because it's world's better than the "Echo Out" effect that's built into the Rane Four.

The problem is that when I engage the effect using the toggle switches of the Rane Four, there's a short stutter/blip in the music before the effect is heard. It's not just native to the Loop Out effect; the blip is heard when engaging any of Virtual DJ's effects.

Thanks for the help!

Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 6:19 pm
A very small "stutter" / "audio gap" when enabling any software effect is unavoidable because of how the unit works with it's effect send/return channels.
This behavior is present with Serato as well, and it's not because of the Software, but because of the hardware.
However, 9 times out of 10 I don't think it's noticeable if you don't actively try to hear it :P

Unless you mean something else..

Posted Fri 17 May 24 @ 12:50 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
A very small "stutter" / "audio gap" when enabling any software effect is unavoidable because of how the unit works with it's effect send/return channels.
This behavior is present with Serato as well, and it's not because of the Software, but because of the hardware.
However, 9 times out of 10 I don't think it's noticeable if you don't actively try to hear it :P

Unless you mean something else..

I was afraid of that. It's definitely noticeable for that particular effect... but in general, music shouldn't stutter or glitch for any reason when you're using a supposedly high-end controller. My Pioneer DDJ-SZ didn't have that delay, so it must have something to do with Rane's toggle switches. :/

Posted Fri 17 May 24 @ 10:43 pm