Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Protocol used by Virtual DJ Remote
I'm trying to plug into Virtual DJ the same way the Virtual DJ Remote app does so I can create my own external application interacting with Virtual DJ.

I first tried a different route using the Network Control Plugin but it cannot handle the amount of requests I'm throwing at it. To have a real-time visualization of the position in a track, I called "get_time" on short intervals. Every 200ms is ok, but every 20ms literally crashed Virtual DJ.

So I'm trying to understand how the Virtual DJ Remote app does it. I managed to advertise a Bonjour (Zeroconf) service using the name "_vdjremote8._tcp" on port 4243 just like the Remote app. It shows up in Virtual DJ and I manage to establish a connection. But that's as far as I manage to go. I opened a tcp server listening to this port but no data is being sent. I also tried a web socket.

So after establishing the Bonjour connection, I can't figure out the protocol used the pass data between Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ Remote app. Maybe it needs some special handshake. Has anyone tried this?

Posted Fri 08 Mar 24 @ 8:59 pm
Hello, I am also trying to connect external applications to synchronize. I mainly want to get title and time. I will use it to automatically control osc for res arena. If you also question this, we can communicate together. I am currently studying the protocol parameter numbers in the apk package.

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 1:43 pm
user29001434 wrote :
Hello, I am also trying to connect external applications to synchronize. I mainly want to get title and time. I will use it to automatically control osc for res arena. If you also question this, we can communicate together. I am currently studying the protocol parameter numbers in the apk package.

Look here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/NetworkControlPlugin.html

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 2:20 pm
I think as mentioned above, because of the high concurrency, synchronizing with osc or arena will cause vdj to crash, so I want to try the tcp protocol scheme of vdjremote this application for development.

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 3:14 pm
yes, but sounded like you just wanted title and artist, and using the network plugin for that with far less request rate than original poster should be sufficient for that perhaps.

But maybe you have already tried that way

Posted Fri 24 May 24 @ 3:40 pm
The main reason is that I want to use the orbital time of vdj to synchronize arena (using osc technology). Because vdj does not support time codes, it is the only way to synchronize sound and picture.
I also try NDI-SEND, but our dj can't be played in one order, we have to use osc control (similar to time code).

Posted 7 days ago @ 11:15 am
Emm, I tried the plug-in technology of network control, it seems that it can also be used, can you give me a development document, because the official does not give specific parameters these, do not know the parameter values and usage of the function. Thank you.

Posted 6 days ago @ 4:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use any vdj script, so you can check the vdj script documentation, and also check the docs for the individual script commands in the custom button editor

Posted 6 days ago @ 4:53 pm