Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hotcue sadness
soenPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
I've just updated to the latest VirtualDJ, and I've noted that the hotcues no longer work the same that they did. If I'm in the middle of a loop now and press the hotcue button to add a cue marker, it automatically puts it at the beginning of the cue section - Not really what I want to do; I just want to place the cue exactly at the play point.

This has kind of wrecked my workflow that I've been using for about a year... I've tried some quick searches to see if I can find a solution, but thought I would raise it here as it's going to be a common problem.

Help! :)

I'll let you know if I find a solution myself.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 24 @ 7:05 pm
Ha, finding the solution was the quicker than me posting. Anyway, the setting you need to change is

hotcueSavesLoop, set that to "no" and it'll revert the new functionality.

---

As a side, as a UX designer myself in my day job, I would say this kind of breaks good UX, you should really not opt users into potentially confusing options by default; it should be "No" for current users, and then educate the user about the new feature instead of opting into them.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 24 @ 7:09 pm
will add that there is different behavior,

if the hotcue is added with hot_cue 3
(which respects the new feature, of also creating the hotcue, saved loop),
Note: the new "loop" hotcue does have a loop indicator on the pad, (when the hotcue has an associated loop) very cool !.

VS: set_cue 3 which creates the hotcue without regard of the setting option: hotcueSavesLoop
(always creating hotcue.. at the current play position)

win 10

Posted Tue 30 Apr 24 @ 7:28 pm
Many thanks for the extra info IIDEEJAYII!

That might be useful who customise their midi controllers (as I do). That's where I actually started looking for a solution until I found the setting.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 24 @ 8:43 pm