Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon S3500 ,Dj Console MK2 and VDJ. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi guys ,i'm trying to connect the S3500 to work using a timecode CD on the hercules or on the computer,i try to use the timecode cd and does not have any signal,any tips how to get then to work together

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:07 am
Go to Hercules image in soundcard settings.

Choose timecode, and it will automatically set it up (put Hercules in ASIO etc)

If you get bad signal, it might be because the signal from the Denons are too loud.
Not sure if you can lower the output on the denons.

I use Pioneer cdj 800/1000, so had to burn the CD at a lower level to make 100% signal quality.
(made the db of the mp3 at a lower volume, and burned it to cd)

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:19 am
Thank you,I will try,later.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:21 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just purchased 2 3500's and Im having the same problem, VDJ Deck needles are all over the place, the songs want to start playing but doesnt.......I go to the MK2 soundcard and set it to Auto Config, I can see the wave form is all over the place and the quality is 0%

I will try what you said and re-burn the cd's, thanks

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 6:42 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The problem is that 3500s isolate some frequences of TC signal. Will try this weekend (i don't have them here) and let you know. I think you should just set something in preferences of 3500.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 8:42 pm
I just called Denon Tech. Support.....The Tech on the phone thought I was from Mars, I explained everything to him in detail, he said there is no way to "lower" the output level in the Denons, and the whole frequency thing he never heard of........

So if anyone has other options...dont call Denon...LOL!!!

Norway...what do you mean by "record at a lower level"??

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:14 pm
a lot of users here use denon3500, even some say they work better than using vinyl.
So its possible ;) Hopefully some of them will read this thread to give a tip.

I can only say I had the same problem with Pioneer cdj800 and Hercules.
The wave moved all over the place.

Reason is simply that the Herc does not have level for the input signal, it can not be adjusted, unfortunately. So it either to loud or amped.

My solution when using Hercules, was so lower the volume of the timecode mp3, and then burn it to cd (lowered it by 12db)

Then all worked damn nice ;)

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:18 pm
I was configurating 3500s 2 months ago. My friend bought them and i am almost sure that i saw a function which use to have influence to some frequences. Will tell you.

After all you can do like dj-in-norway said. Try to lower the signal with some music program. Try to use VobSub, it's free.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:23 pm
I just downloaded this VobSub......it might as well be in Chinese, I have no idea how it works, or how to use it, I tried to drop and drag the TCCD I made and it does not recognize it.....

Can someone mail me the CD's I will pay for them at this point, or I will be trading my Denon's for whatever works...LOL

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:03 pm
Wow it worked.........Im shocked, I downloaded the CD's using Sonic...I set the volume to 30 instead of 90, and it worked.....100% SIGNAL!!

Anyone want to buy my TCCD's...LOL, ;)

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:20 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
mzack,

Your having issues buring the Timecode CD's? If so shoot me an email and I will walk you through it. I use alcohol 120 to burn all my cd's.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:22 pm
mzack: happy to you ;) so everybody who has the same problem just lower the TC signal and it will work! ;)

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:37 pm
Glad to hear it worked for you too ;)

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 11:58 pm
OK......Problem #2

Im using the MK2 as a soundcard, this is my connections:

3500's via RCA cables to "input" on the MK2 1,2 and 3,4 respectively.
Output from MK2 1,2 and 3,4 via audio RCA cables into Mixer, seperate channels.
USB from MK2 to Laptop.

I cant seem to get each deck to play independantly from one another, I can hear both decks in both channels all the time, even while moving the cross faders.

Could it be a Microsoft Windows setting, I tried them all, I see the Herc. MK2 there in the drop down windows for playback etc......I must be over looking something??

Where do I put the Headphone setting on the MK2? And is the crossfader supposed to be in the middle on the MK2?

HELP.....AAAAHHHH!!!

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 4:34 am
brunocurvo.....I appologize, I seem to have taken over your topic hear, sorry!!

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 4:52 am
Hey no problem MZACK,at least will find out how to fix this issue,nice goin MZACK.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:18 am
I feel like Im beeting a dead horse here.....I appologize!

I tried over and over all the suggestions Norway posted, everything works ok until I hit "OK" on the screen, then a warning apears and says Error on ASIO sound Driver.......when I hit ok again, I go back into the settings and ALL the choices are gone, I cant choose anything until I shut it all down and start over again.....plus one channel plays both decks. I guess I will just have to keep playing with it, and if all else fails buy the MAYA44 and hope it works ok.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:13 am
ERROR ON ASIO driver means you did something wrong.

PLEASE check that the Herc mk2 is in ASIO mode, 44hz, 16 bits (Herc constrol pannel)

PLEASE use the HERCULES first, and choose timecode from there.
If that does not work for you, try go to the REGULAR timecode soundcard setup in VDJ (at the far bottom of the list) and check if that works better...

Last, try update/reinstall Hercules drivers, if you get error in driver

Hope that helps:)

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:17 am
OK here is what I got, I found the MK2 Settings, I had no idea they were even there, now I do.

Asio Mode, not WDM / 44100, NOT 48000, Asio Buffer Size 882 ?? 16 Bit Sample. Input Channels 1,2 look different than 3,4.......3,4 has a green dot with a needle looking thing, 1,2 has a microphone and a needle looking thing, not sure if that matters.

Output Channels 1,2 and 3,4 sliders are in the middle, Sliders are all the way to the top.

In the Advace tab, use external mixer is checked.

When I try and download the latest drivers, it says I dont have to?

Sorry for seeming like a complete idiot.....I could NOT do this without the support here...THANKS SO MUCH!!

Still does not work right.......

Correction.....I slide the MK2 crossfader all the way to the left, with headphone on deck "B" and it works with the External mixer.

I used the MK2 soundcard setting and checked Timecode Mode, funny though, the gain indicator on deck 2 is all the way down, but I can still hear the source......

Im not sure if this is correct but it works, but looks funny on the screen!

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:15 am
95%