Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there any soft which is better then atomixmp3....????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there, does anybody use different dj ing soft too, i was wondering if there were any other good soft like atomixmp3, or better then this out there, i heard about Traktor and BPM studio 4.0....any ideas....and i posted this message earlier..and for some reason it was removed from this message board, i thought we could talk about everything here....

Posted Thu 12 Jul 01 @ 4:10 pm
ummmm very interesting topic, i want to know about that new DJ programms :-) p.s

Posted Thu 12 Jul 01 @ 4:17 pm
there are loads of stuff out there but you gotta thin kabout

a) ease of use
b) stability
c) resource hungry apps
d) do you really want all those (unnecessary) features.

I've tried traktor (too hungry and in testing seemed to fall over after 3/4 continous music - can;t afford that on the dance floor and pcdj which has a lot of support (commercially) but is too expensive.

atomix wins hands down, i'm currently been running it for 4 days continous (getting all the bpm info out of all my tracks) running on Win98 and things are running smoothly.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 01 @ 4:55 pm
I can only confirm.

There are many candidates for being on the first seat.
Of all those I've tested (all of them I guess) there's only Atomix that has satisfied my expectations.

Many have impressive spec sheets, until you give them a try....

DJ Corpse

Posted Thu 12 Jul 01 @ 9:49 pm
I also concur... the traktor tends to bleed sound from the cue.. to the main line. PCDJ is expensive, but it also sucks. The interface is terrible. Atomix has the ease of use and the stability I need.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 01 @ 11:58 pm
Same here.
I have used atomix at parties that lasted over 7 hours, wihout problems: stability, baby! Running it on a clean Windows 98 SE system, dual soundcards. The ability to preview a song through the graphic representation of the sound can only be found in atomix and Traktor, with Traktor indeed bleeding sound through my mixing table. Even NI's own support team could not give an intelligent answer to this problem! Also, it seems not to run smoothly on my PIII 800 with 128 MB.
Of course, atomix leaves a few things to be desired, but it is in my opinion the best solution right now, and the price is very low.
I hope we can all work together and motivate the atomix team to keep improving the product and also to become a more professional organization.
Before atomix I used VTT (virtual turntables), which now seems to be dead (no longer developed). But it used to crash about once every 4 to 5 hours. However, its dual player and dual soundcard solution is what I liked, but now atomix does that just as well, and then some.

Arie

Posted Fri 13 Jul 01 @ 10:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)