Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Join me to remove old 1st generation controller from PRO LISCENCE please
(medium english sorry)
There are a LOT of old expired DJs who have 1st generation controllers (often partially broken) who no longer practice the profession but want to have fun with the family without paying the $300 pro liscence. I would easily pay a liscence at 49$ or 99$ for my basement hobby. Please remove ALL 1st generation controllers over 15 - 20 years old. The new Virtual DJ 2023 with STEM 2.0 is crazy sick. In my case, the first Numark NS7 shipped to Canada in 2009. --- Join me, showing that there is REAL demand ---

Posted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 12:14 am
Sorry your post makes no sense.

Most currently supported controllers are available for use with a home license.

And most of these 15 to 20 year old legacy controllers won't have ports or drivers that will work with the current VDJ or Windows (for example the Numark DMC-1, Alcatech RCP-2001 or the PCDJ DAC-3)

Posted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 12:36 am

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 9:15 pm
You are not asked $300 for NS7.
You are asked $300 for the PRO Infinity license which also includes NS7 among many other controllers (and some other upgrades compared to the HOME free version)

Finally, all PRO grade controllers require a PRO license (there's not HOME PLUS option for them)

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 2:00 am
The NS7 is still a very powerful pro controller, and up-to-date with basically everything you need if you know how to use it.
Including (kind of) a pads section
This is how I use mine in 2023:

Easily worth the $299

However if you just need it to work with your family around the holidays, then sign up for the pro subscription - that's only $19 for a whole month of family parties

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 9:37 am
Hummm ... bummer.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 10:27 pm
Your not going to do much scratching on a numark DMC 1, not unless you up the baud rate l on the serial port lol

Yes I still own one, but I think it needs the firmware chip to get it to run with vdj

Now feeling old.....

Posted Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 6:36 am