Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: SEND MIDI NOTE FROM VIRTUALDJ TO DAW VIA LOOPMIDI. HELP PLEASE.
agammasHome userMember since 2022
Hello!
I want to implement the same task as described in this topic:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/246170/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Send_midi_note_from_VirtualDJ_to_Cubase_via_LoopBe1__Help_please_.html

I did exactly as described, but loopMIDI does not receive commands from VDJ when I press one of the programmed PADS in the CUSTOM section - although when VDJ starts, loopMIDI receives some data from VDJ

@ARTDECHO
@LOCODOG
Hope you'll see this post, fortunately I can't find way to send you a personal message through this forum.

My goal is to send a command to change the scene in the RESOLUME ARENA during the playback of the track via POI

Thank you in advance

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 1:50 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It might be a home user limitation. I'm not sure.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 2:36 pm

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 6:32 pm
it's pretty horrible to fault find, [generally as a topic, plus navigating screenshots offsite] drivername looks different, that's the first thing I see.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 7:33 pm
@LOCODOG I have a proposition for you.
Could you please contact me - details on the new screenshot in the link I posted earlier

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 5:57 am
no I'm not contacting you on telegram, if you have a licence just pm me.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 6:10 am

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 11:08 am
@LOGODOG I'll try PhantomDeejay's guide first - thank you so much!

@PhantomDeejay - thank you so much for link to guide - I'll try...

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 2:21 pm
@LOGODOG
@PhantomDeejay
I managed to send a note to the DAW and the problem was in the (repeat_start_instant 'StartFunkyChase' 2000ms 2 toggle "$Chase1") command - it does not send a signal. With the custom button , the issue is solved by the (set '$Chase1' 1 while_pressed) command, but it is important for me to figure out the POI - how to make the ON command first, then OFF if repeat_start_instant doesn't work at all. I can't figure it out on my own( Please help!

Posted Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 8:32 am
repeat_start_instant 'StartFunkyChase' 2000ms 2 & toggle "$Chase1"

You forgot the &

Posted Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 8:58 am
@PhantomDeejay
POI send midi command as expected now!
I just copied all the commands from the very first post and didn't check the syntax.
Therefore, nothing worked out for me at the beginning - then I will add one post to the old topic so that it is clear what the error is.

The implementation of this scheme gives me invaluable help in conducting a theatrical performance. Many thanks to you guys for the tips and help!
All the best to you

Posted Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 5:00 pm