Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 2021 + 2x CDJ 850 strange problem
Hello guys,

I am having a strange problem. When I connect the Pioneer two CDJ-850's to the latest Virtual DJ 2021 b7151 on macbook, the middle screen on both players is spinning too fast, also the elapsed time counter is counting weird. I also noticed that if I switch from elapsed to remaining time, that the red bar showing the time progress does not switch. The mappers are default. If I plug in the Pioneer CDJ-900 it works perfect.

I have tried to update the firmware on CDJ 850's to 1.13, also tried installing Virtual DJ on two separate macbooks, one with older macOS and one with newest, problem persists on both macbooks.

Here is a video of the error: https://files.fm/u/wcj4gnkh9

I would much appreciate the help!

Kind regards,

Silvester

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 6:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the pitch range set to? Try to change it from the cdj to make sure it's a valid value.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 7:42 pm
Hello,

the pitch is set to 6 on video. Please note that music is playing at normal pace, no problems there. Also the time is counting down normal in VirtualDj (as you can see towards the end of my video)

Posted Wed 05 Oct 22 @ 3:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you using the factory default mapping?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 22 @ 3:50 pm
Yes, the mappers are default. Actually this is a fresh install of Virtual, I just plugged in the 850's, enabled the 30 days promo version of Virtual DJ pro, and this happened. When I plug in the cdj 900, it immediately work flawless. But the point is i need this to work on 850's.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 1:12 pm

i have the same problem. Can u find the solution for this ? If u did it please tell me- Thks

Posted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 5:18 am
This have been solved for quite some time now. You need to use the latest version of VirtualDJ. It should work without any issues.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 12:45 pm