Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What prevents you from abandoning other dj soft?
FroguiHome userMember since 2022
what prevents you from abandoning other programs and switching to VJ?

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 6:58 am
lack of support HID phase

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 6:58 am
nothing. have used it at the club since 2006.
when it was time to choose what software we were going to use I comparison shopped and it was a no-brainer: VirtualDJ did everything we wanted and more and for a single price without having to pay extra for other features.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 9:30 am
Nothing
I own and test Serato, Rekordbox, Traktor Pro and djay Pro regularly
But for gigs, online events and mixes for mixcloud, I always use VDJ

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 9:48 am
Nothing comes close to the stability and feature set of VDJ.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 10:26 am
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Sorry for my google translator. The default sound is worse than the competition. Why does Virtual Dj sound bad right after installation? Why is it better in any other programs? In rekordbox, serato, traktor? Why should I spend time setting up the sound, selecting the master tempo algorithm and so on. That's just the worst thing about Virtual Dj. In everything else, he is ahead of everyone. If the developers adjust the sound (for example, on the headroom -6db master channel and a normal maximizer or autogain)? So that after installation the sound would be normal or even better than that of competitors. And now you have to tinker with the sound settings in order to achieve quality, even using third-party software in virtual dj.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 10:39 am
I don't have those sound issues - gaming computer sound card, tuned mixer that we barely have to touch and we have a professionally tuned sound system in the club and everything sounds great.

meanwhile the last guest dj we had with his seratoad setup had both stability and horrible audio issues.

go figure

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 10:57 am
I also don't like the digital filter on slow scratch, it makes the sound digitally

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 12:26 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Nothing
I own and test Serato, Rekordbox, Traktor Pro and djay Pro regularly
But for gigs, online events and mixes for mixcloud, I always use VDJ

That makes two of us with the exception of djay pro.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 11:44 pm
beat match
vdj shows the beats of 2 songs one on top of the other. so i can adjust the incoming song to beat match in 20 beats. then fade over without changing pitch,tempo, speed, etc. just fade over.

price
i paid once for the software and have not had to pay a single penny since then. no matter how many new features, skins, video stuff, etc. everything is included.

skin
i took a skin i liked, customized it and made it my own. it's literally personal.

speed
vdj loads fast, searches fast, adds songs fast, reads tags fast. honestly.
there are places where it's slow, but compensates by showing progress that is informative, useful, without any fluff.

community
vdj has the biggest community of dj's i have ever seen anywhere and the community is advancing in ways that is setting standards other companies cannot even compete with. they have advanced users, moderators, etc to monitor, mentor, guide, help, assist, etc from all over the world to all over the world anytime in any language for any issue.

development
vdj is not just simple on the eyes and advanced in technology. they are also simple in features and advanced in adding them. the amount of features in vdj is unheard of. there are so many features nested in so many ways that it appeals for both simple as well as complex.

stability
vdj has not crashed, froze, etc for me for many years.

i would not think it's proper to speak poorly about others (neither person, entity, nor product) given my age. i can mention that other software companies are not advancing as quickly and as widely as vdj for my own use. i will also mention that other dj software don't only focus on dj software but an entire suite of music production as well as music playing and that may be the very thing that causes them to appeal to other types of dj's while me personally, vdj is the best simple stable fast mobile dj software i have found thus far.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 9:05 pm