Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with the crossfader, using Traktor S8 and newest Virtual DJ
Good afternoon,
I am hoping someone here can help me. I have the newest version of VDJ, and am trying to use it with Traktor Kontrol S8. I downloaded the drivers, and chose the controller in my settings, but the problem I am running into is that my cross-fader will not go over to deck A. I can fade it from the middle over to about the 34% mark, but I can't get it to go all of the way over so that deck A is the only audio playing. I've tried rebooting VDJ, rebooting laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the S8 and uninstalling and reinstalling VirtualDJ.
I have tried to change the settings in the mapping section of the settings but nothing has worked. Could someone help me and perhaps give me what the exact mapping should say (a screenshot would help me so much) There is nothing wrong with the controller as it works just fine in Traktor Pro software.

Thank you
DJ Brittany Rose

Posted Tue 17 May 22 @ 7:39 pm
Anyone who can help me? I'm willing to even pay for someone to provide me the correct mappings for S8.

Thanks

Posted Thu 19 May 22 @ 9:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So when the actual Crossfader of the S8 is all the way to the left, the Crossfader on the skin of VirtualDJ is not at the far left position ? what % value do you get on the Tooltip when mouse is over the Crossfader ?

In Traktor works perhaps after you did the Calibration ?
If there is some hardware fault, you can do a similar calibration in VirtualDJ by using something like the action below assigned to the crossfader

param_add 0.5 & param_multiply 0.7 & crossfader

values 0.5 and 0.7 may be different in your case.

Posted Fri 20 May 22 @ 5:24 pm
I have a similar problem with S8 in traktor pro. Solved only by selecting mixer layout upper right corner. Then comes the crossfader section up. Apparantly S8 automtically (be some sofeware bug perhaps) selects decks in only one side. Try to see if that is what is happening. I am still trying to get around the this bug - but for the moment, I just go into mixer and make this little change.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 4:18 pm