Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Fade out,Cut in (remove silence) Automix option that USES POIs
The Fade out, Cut in (remove silence) automix type is super-useful for dinner music or any time that you need to set up an auto-running list of songs regardless of genre or BPM. The problem is that it currently doesn't use any of the POIs to calculate the segue point. As a result, songs that end "cold" (no fade) are clipped off at the last second, sometimes missing the final lyric of the song or the final chord/notes. It makes for a very sloppy sounding transition and sometimes ruins a great song ending. The software should be able to do this better.

This problem can be solved by having the Fade, out, Cut In automix type use a settable "End Of Music" POI as the trigger for starting the next song. If the End Of Music ("EOM") POI is present, that's where the next song should begin. If no EOM POI is present, then VDJ should proceed as it normally does, removing the silence and starting the next song based on whatever automix length is set.

Posted Sun 18 Jul 21 @ 3:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It uses the Mix 'Full' Start and Exit points

Posted Sun 18 Jul 21 @ 4:25 pm
Adion wrote :
It uses the Mix 'Full' Start and Exit points

Okay... that's good to know... BUT even when the fade time is set to 0 seconds, it still starts the next song earlier than the Mix 'Full" exit point shown in the POI of the currently playing track.

For testing, I'm using "Don't Give Up On Me" by Andy Grammar... the ending line in the song is "I always do until my heart Is black and blue". Even with the Mix 'Full' exit point set after the end of "blue", Virtual DJ ALWAYS fades the song at the word "is". Even when the POI exit points are deleted, that's where it fades.

"Levitating" by Dua Lipa has the same problem... the end of the song is her acapella-sung line "I'm levitating". The software can't seem to wait for that line despite the Mix 'Full" POI being set way after that.... it dumps out of the song a second too soon.

I've tried every combination of automix types, POI settings and fade times... and the software can't make this simple transition correctly. The "None (back to back)" automix option doesn't use POIs at all... it uses the full track, so that's also not a viable option unless I edit all of my files to remove any trace of audio, even silence, after the vocals end.

Is there a way to make this happen? My idea of an End-Of-Music POI as a cut-in-the-next-song here-no-matter-what trigger would seem to do the trick.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 12:19 am
I noticed this too and raised a post about it ages ago.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 6:59 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could it be that there's an automix editor mix of these tracks?

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 7:24 am
or to have an option when Automix type ''smart'' is unable for smooth fade out , instead of cut - which is many times awfull - VDJ to activate the type ''remove intro/outro'' or ''remove silence'' by default.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 12:44 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Other possibility : use automixDualDeck
this one is using normal mixpoints and crossfader settings

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 1:02 pm
in automixDualDeck, when in Automix Type 'Smart' , ''cut'' is many times awfull. Automix Type ''Remove Silence'' and ''Remove Intro/Outro'' are fine

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 1:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have autoMixBeatMatchOnFade enabled the point may also be moved to the closest beat

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 1:20 pm
I seem to remember if you had a track that finished dead it would cut the very end off. When I originally asked for this feature I requested a non fade track played until the very end

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 1:31 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I seem to remember if you had a track that finished dead it would cut the very end off. When I originally asked for this feature I requested a non fade track played until the very end

Okay, so there's definitely a NEED for this to be fixed. Whether it's by way of a POI, or just a parameter to indicate whether a song has a fade ending or a cold ending so that Automix knows to adjust accordingly, there's got to be a way to make this work better. The last-second cutoff is just unacceptable.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 9:43 pm
Yes, have brought this up before. My original request was for a radio mode, and the song cutting off isn't what I originally wanted.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 9:54 pm