Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: IntelliSense or better code editor for vdjscripting.
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
It will be nice an autocompletion, helper, intellisense kind of system for vdjscript.

This will help us a lot for improve our scripting coding.
Also, a better documentation for it would be awesome, the actual one is pretty outdated and is difficult to understand for new users, as a programmer and a dj i think that this would be a great oportunity to improve the community scripting having a improved scripting system.

Cheers!

Posted Sun 25 Apr 21 @ 8:02 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
bumping this, seems that nobody ever saw this. 😢

Posted Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 12:58 pm
I would like to see one too...

Posted Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 4:53 pm
Definitely bumping this, 2021 scripting capabilities would be a game changer.

Posted Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 6:55 am
I put up a webpage awhile ago that allowed you to format script to make it more readable. You could edit the formatted version which was easier and then the page would allow you to remove the formatting for use in VDJ. I also did some prep work as a proof of concept for a script debugger. I took the formatting page down and stopped work on the debugger because I got tired of all the BS here.

The thing is though after all these years they have not provided any tools for script , no feedback, nothing, which is ridiculous. It took me less than a week to do at least something to make it more readable.

If it was me though, I would dump the current VDJ script and start over. I was also going to do a macro language for VDJ script which would have been way cool. You could see from the formatter that it would be easy enough to convert the old script over. But they don't do reasonable stuff like this.

I might put the formatter back up some day but my interest has diminished in that sort of thing.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 3:41 pm