Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: save covers into tags

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Please give us the option to select where to save covers.
I would like to have them saved into the tags instead of my harddrive.

VDJ has an outstanding search engine for this. Speedy and accurate...and is finding nearly 100% all kind of covers.
I know no tool that comes even close to this. (was searching and testing tools to have this done outside VDJ to save covers into tags....all sucks comparing to VDJ here...)

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 10:37 am
I've requested this too - but have had little or no response. See here, which also links to an earlier thread.

It seems like a common sense, practical thing to do. The way it works now is not intuitive.

The covers download, but VDJ doesn't allow you to do anything with them. Although they show in the tag editor, clicking 'save' doesn't save the covers to the tags.

The only way to save the covers is to click the image (top right), but the selection offered does not include the already downloaded image. It only offers online images, even though the cover is already downloaded.

Adding covers this way (one by one) is not convenient.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 12:22 pm
groovindj wrote :
I've requested this too - but have had little or no response. See here, which also links to an earlier thread.

It seems like a common sense, practical thing to do. The way it works now is not intuitive.

The covers download, but VDJ doesn't allow you to do anything with them. Although they show in the tag editor, clicking 'save' doesn't save the covers to the tags.

The only way to save the covers is to click the image (top right), but the selection offered does not include the already downloaded image. It only offers online images, even though the cover is already downloaded.

Adding covers this way (one by one) is not convenient.

Strange.
As VDJ saves each single cover on the hdd, it is just a selection where to save it. (last not least VDJ does save anyway some kind of connection between the music file and the cover file in the hdd folder)

Can´t be rocket sience for the developers, might be two sipps out of the coffee cup to make this happen.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 10:23 am
Any news here or anybody on the same track?
I don´t get why VDJ is not using this as NO DJ software have it.
VDJ has an excellent cover search and is NOT writing missing covers into the tag even if VDJ has a real good tag editor?
Where is the point to save them as files in a folder if VDJ is in general able to edit tags?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 10:39 pm
It's strange - some things we ask for get added very quickly (like triggering text presets from buttons/pads), and some things seem to get completely ignored.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 10:59 pm
Seems like a no brainer. There is a write tag button but it still excludes the downloaded artwork?

I'm sure I raised a thread about this probably 5 years ago.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 21 @ 11:32 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Seems like a no brainer. There is a write tag button but it still excludes the downloaded artwork?

I'm sure I raised a thread about this probably 5 years ago.

What I don´t get is the fact, that this feature should be a 1 minute change to implement it into VDJ as ALL required parameters are already in VDJ available. Just a "one sentence code" where to save the picture....tag or folder.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 12:11 pm
Why on some mp3 files, covers are as "attached image" instead of "Tag"?
No matters if was searched in cover art function or downloaded a jpg and selected in the Tag Art. Some files get image in Tag and others as "attached image".

EDIT:
sorry, the files are AAC, not mp3. thats is the issue. AAC not store tags images.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 1:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)