Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can I still download Virtual DJ 2020 32-bit - Page: 2
I have never used vdj on a MacBook and am just wary. Not trying to have it freeze up on me in the middle of a set. I have djay pro 2 but I do not like using it. I prefer vdj. Just looking for some advice on what would be the best version to use with an older Mac. I do have 16gb ram and 1tb ssd so it runs incredibly well. There are posts from other djs regarding issues with vdj 2021 and Mac, but they're all months old so I'm not sure if all of those issues have been fixed by the latest build. I cant afford for my MacBook to freeze in the middle of a set. Im looking for facts, hence why I'm asking here.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 12:51 pm
Adion has given you the answer. Run the latest version. That's the whole reason behind builds. Each one is "better" than the previous build.

So, for whatever OS you have, run the latest compatible build. If you don't need the stems part, turn that off.

Finally - regardless of whether you're using Mac, PC, old build, new build............don't just install it and hope for the best. Run it, stress it, check it's doing what you need it to, before doing anything mission critical.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 1:14 pm
groovindj wrote :
Adion has given you the answer. Run the latest version. That's the whole reason behind builds. Each one is "better" than the previous build.

So, for whatever OS you have, run the latest compatible build. If you don't need the stems part, turn that off.

Finally - regardless of whether you're using Mac, PC, old build, new build............don't just install it and hope for the best. Run it, stress it, check it's doing what you need it to, before doing anything mission critical.

Thank you, ill run some sets at home before using it at work. Appreciate the help.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 1:28 pm
Can i still d5 virtualdj DJ for 32-bit

Posted Thu 25 Nov 21 @ 11:21 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 25 Nov 21 @ 12:21 pm
KronsterControlleristMember since 2010
I would agree with stability of 2020. I put in another post here that they clearly changed the mouseclick behavior on the waveforms between 2020 and 2021 and I was screwing up my live shows because of it. I don't know why they changed this, nor has anyone told me why they did it... or how to make the mouseclick on the waveform do what it did in the 2020 version as I have not been able to tell the software how to handle a left click or right click on the waveform... what action to take. I had to uninstall the 2021 and go back to 2020 to get the functionality restored.

They added stems management to 2021.. great... but if I can't handle some basic adjustments on the fly when I'm performing in the software to supplement my mixer work... its totally pointless.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 2:08 pm