Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video Transition does not work correctly at 64 bits

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

until the 8.5 update I was using the 32bit version just because 64bit didn't support SPOUT, but know but now I saw that there is a 64bit version of the plugin, so I upgraded and notice that the "ADDITIVE" it doesn't work the way it should and it is practically the only transition I use all the time.

When moving the video crossfader from left to right, only a "fade" occurs up to 50% and the video from deck B is already completely mixed. When moving the fader from right to left, nothing happens until it reaches 50%, which is when video B starts to fade out to video A.

Here is a video showing the difference between the two versions (32 and 64 bits) of the transition

I really hope that this is fixed because, as i said, it's pretty much the only transition that iuse

Posted Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 3:41 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is a recent update of spout plugin (still very experimental) on GIT https://github.com/leadedge/SpoutVDJ/
For all visual renderering (including additive but also simply fonts in skins and mask in videos ...) many things differ (or do not work the same)

Posted Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 7:07 pm
Nicotux wrote :
There is a recent update of spout plugin (still very experimental) on GIT https://github.com/leadedge/SpoutVDJ/

Yes, i know. i already tested and works well (i use spout to send the master video to resolume)

Nicotux wrote :
For all visual renderering (including additive but also simply fonts in skins and mask in videos ...) many things differ (or do not work the same)

I notice... but the addtive transition its great to mix videos.. hope they fix it soon

Posted Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 1:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Additive video transition will be fixed for 64-bit in the next update

Posted Tue 14 Jul 20 @ 1:19 pm
Adion wrote :
Additive video transition will be fixed for 64-bit in the next update

Thanks a LOT =)

Posted Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 4:14 am
I just updated to 2021 , also downloaded spout update, it’s not a .dll file anymore. Which folder did you guys copy it in?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:59 pm
Spout is a library & Spout plugin "SpoutVDJ" is using it
Yes these plugins are dlls
following the link I provided and reading the README.md : ...See Releases for binaries....
following the link currently "Releases (4)" in right pan will send you to the right page
https://github.com/leadedge/SpoutVDJ/releases<>

Latest release v2003 SpoutVDJ_v2003 leadedge released this on 22 Apr
Follow the instructions up to (and possibly including) "DONATE"
you are done

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 1:01 am
By the way as Additive video transition will be fixed for 64-bit in the next update ... would it be possible to get MultiAdditive video transition updated for 64-bit in future updates?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)