Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Analyze BPM... will not be retained after shutdown :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello, I am a free user of Virual DJ (without a license, I do not use any professional DJ equipment).
Before I analyzed BPM, this track analysis was retained even after turning off Virtual DJ. Now I don't know what happened, always after turning on the virtual dj again I have to analyze all the songs every time I turn on the new one .... I have a version of VDJ 2020 (5308.1532)
Please help, what could be the problem?
Well thank you

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 11:14 am
Check that the database file has write permissions.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 11:38 am
if you use external drive, the database for songs on that drive will be in the root folder "virtualdj" on that drive
(And every other non-default start up drive)

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 3:29 pm

it does this both on songs and on an external disk but also on a startup disk ... Macbook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5)

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:33 pm
Hmm.. . check if VirtualDJ has access to write to folders perhaps..

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:36 pm

thanks for the answers, but i still don't know what I should do :(
can you explain it, please?

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:38 pm

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:39 pm

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:41 pm
fuuu, it will be as hard as I thought ..... well I'll try to study it ....

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 7:37 pm
security&privacy/ files & folders - Virtual DJ - I have all options checked... :(

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 7:44 pm
none of these instructions helped me :(
what else could it be?

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 1:29 am
Strange..
Could try delete settings.xml in /documents/virtualdj/ and then start VirtualDJ.

Alternatively look in settings, and check if you have set readOnly to "yes" (should be "no", else database is in read only mode)

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 10:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also check "Full Disk Access" if "Files & Folders" permission didn't work.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 10:32 am
nothing.... 😢😢😢

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 11:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just to make sure it's a writing DB issue...
Choose a Track from VDJ Browser, right-click->Tag Editor. Try to change the value of one of the fields, e.g PlayCount
Then close and open VDJ again and check Tag Editor for the same track and see if the value you gave was saved.

If not saved, you need to make sure the database.xml (found in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder for Macintosh volume and in /VirtualDJ folder for your External HD) has write permissions, so, right-click on the database.xml file -> Get Info, then look at the bottom for Sharing & Permissions and check if you (your Username) have Read/Write privilege .

One other Q, you installed VirtualDJ from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and no other place, right ?

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 12:01 pm
all the settings mentioned so far are fine. also database.xml (read / write permission) and everything else is OK.
The only thing that seems suspicious to me, in the VD folder where database.xml is supposed to be, I have more of these files (database1.xml, database2.xml, etc. up to the number 32) all these databases have read / write permissions

I have VD installed normally from the official website. and everything worked fine before. Just some time ago these problems occurred (probably after some update of mac OS Catalina maybe)

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 12:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
did u try to change the PlayCount of a track as asked above ? Did the value got saved ?

Also, can you remove/backup to a different folder, all the database X.xml files and leave only the one without number ?
Then see if changing something in the DB, creates some sort of "numbered" database.xl files again.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 12:54 pm

I changed the PlayCount, nothing was preserved after closing and relaunching. neither when Analyze BPM nor anything else will remain.
I left only the last number in database.xml and renamed database.xml without a number. no longer generating more numbers. but the problem that everything remains unanalyzed remained ....

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 1:18 pm
Won't it be the best option in the end to have playlists and what do I need to back up and completely uninstall VD? then reinstall and set everything up?

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 1:21 pm
Macko_zv wrote :

The only thing that seems suspicious to me, in the VD folder where database.xml is supposed to be, I have more of these files (database1.xml, database2.xml, etc. up to the number 32)

That sounds like the document folder is connected with iCloud, and perhaps unsuccessfully so..
With half syncs or what not, and iCloud end up not knowing what to do, so it ends up as copies.

Maybe sort those xml database files by date or size, to figure out which one to keep, and delete the rest (or at least move them out of the folder). And rename the one you keep to database.xml
To start over, and hopefully this time iCloud will work

(alternatively if you dont use iCloud for the VirtualDJ folder, you could perhaps turn it off for that folder)

Posted Fri 10 Jul 20 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)