Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Do Headphones work with my old Numark "Total Control" & my "VirtualDJ 2020 Home PLUS License for TOTALCONTROL"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thought I would take up a bit of DJ'ing again for friends parties. I have a Numark Total Control controller which I used to use a lot when I was DJ'ing more often (quite a few years ago), I hooked it up to a spare Dell windows 10 PC I have, downloaded the latest VDJ, but I cannot get the headphones to operate correctly, ie they will not play what the PFL selects. I can see in the Sound set-up of windows 10 the 2x sound outputs I set up ie 1 saying Headphones and another saying Speakers. If I press the "test" button in Windows Sound setup, a test sound comes out of each of the four sound outputs in sequence, so I know the sound card is probably working. In VDJ I have set-up the Audio to be speakers on Channels 1+2 and Headphones on Channels 3+4. I am pulling my hair out (whats left of it) trying to get the PFL to work. I am starting to think that because I don't have a full blown licence for the new VDJ software (my account with VDJ says I have "VirtualDJ 2020 Home PLUS License for TOTALCONTROL") , that they have disabled the PFL on my current licence. When I bought the Total Control from new, it came with a free copy of VDJ, which I used to use a lot no licence as such (Including the PFL function), but the web site now is saying that you need to buy a license if you are going to use VDJ with a controller or some functions will be disabled. I am a bit confused, as I do not have the original disc which came with my Numark total control, nor any license serial number. My question is, is this a Licence issue? or a Soundcard issue?

Posted Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 9:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post here a screenshot of the Windows Sound panel and one from VDJ Audio setup ?

Can you also try if the VDJ setting exclusiveAudioAccess set to yes/ no makes any difference ?

Posted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)