Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Blurred video rather than black bars for 4:3 aspect
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
When outputting video we have the option for black bars, cropped or stretched video when the source aspect doesn't match the output.
How hard would it be to have an option for a blurred version of the video, stretched to fill the output, placed behind the correct aspect video shown on top, much like a lot of VDJ remixers already do when remixing and converting a 4:3 video to 16:9, but have VDJ do it for us automatically when a 4:3 video is played.
Thanks for reading this.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 7:55 pm
There's already a video effect called blur black bars which does exactly that.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 7:56 pm
Fab, is that extension, it's not on the list of effects I currently have, I'll have a look now thanks

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:00 pm
I'm doing this on a (quiet) live set, so can't play around too much, but now I have to work out how to stop the video skin from showing the effect is active!

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:04 pm
It was introduced some time ago and is in the master FX drop down box.

Don't understand the second part about the video skin?

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:12 pm
I can't get it to work on the master output, nothing seems to happen and I still have black bars, however it is working fine if I activate it on each deck separately so that solves that problem for now.
The issue concerning Videoskins is that a box appears on the screen showing any currently active effect (loop, flanger etc), so it was showing the "blur black bars" effect was active, on my master video output, I solved it by loading a custom videoskin i had created that doesn't show fx on screen.
Anyway thanks for telling me about this, it's been a little while since I last looked at extensions so hadn't seen it, excellent effect and I will try to get it to work on master output when at home..
Thanks again

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:20 pm
hi,

your video must be 4:3 or smaller than your resolution screen, and you have to activate it by deck,
good luck,

GK

Posted Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 4:27 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
After last updtate b7131 for Windows, the color of blurred bars is always red and the strenght button is not responding. Before, the color of blurred bars changes following the predominant color of the video and strenght works fine. Has anyone reported it?

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 12:42 pm
Speedy53 wrote :
After last updtate b7131 for Windows, the color of blurred bars is always red and the strenght button is not responding. Before, the color of blurred bars changes following the predominant color of the video and strenght works fine. Has anyone reported it?

Hi
I use Blur Bars FX all the time & have not noticed any problems with it at all so far, I'm running Windows 11 & v8.5-64.b7131 of Virtual DJ.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 2:16 pm
Just tested and working fine on b7131, Windows 10

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 2:27 pm
It's very weird. When not playing the color is ok, when starts to play it becomes red. Settings refreshed, no color scheme changes, FX deactivated.
Checking and I think its related with video skin, when turned off and restarting VirtualDJ it's ok. Using Title GFX 1, can't say it happens with all video skins.
Downgrade to b7059, no issues.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 4:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have useDXVA turned off, or are these quite old videos (MPEG-2/VOB ?)

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 5:21 pm
DXVA on.
Yes, vob files.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 10:19 pm