Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Bug with scratchFilterQuality setting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had posted in another thread about this problem..but i think it's a bug.
The setting "scratchFilterQuality" is releasing its saved value of '0' over time(not instantaneous,program restarts,system restarts)..it just happens..with no apparent trigger/cause and reverts to a previous custom setting.
As a user suggested in my other thread...i deleted the settings xml and re did the edits..it worked well for a while and stayed at zero...but booted up today and its at 10(a previously used custom setting).
I know there are simple workarounds..like mapping on the ONINIT script or using custom button(i have chosen the latter)..but i think this is definitely a bug.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 3:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
scratchFilterQuality should never be set lower than 7 or so (and internally there's no difference between setting it to 7 or any lower value)
(would sound pretty terrible if it would allow it too)

Perhaps you meant to use the pitchQuality setting to disable mastertempo?

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 4:38 pm
haha..ok no sir i have already mapped a script to disable master tempo temporarily when i touch my jogwheel(although i have been told here that vdj automatically disables master tempo when scratching)....but i somehow find scratching sounds better at lower scratch filter quality values(i know it's contrasting!)...so can u confirm to me that the value 7 is the lowest??? if so i will plug in 7 and see if the value stays in the settings

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 4:52 pm
Just a follow up on this...i had setup a custom button mapped to the scratchFilterQuality setting with different values of 0,8,10, and two other max values...i can confirm that over time...the 0 and 8 setting reverts to 10...i find it buggy as 8 is default...is anyone having this problem??? The only real way to check is to setup the custom button with different values...so when the custom button is unlit..u know the value has changed.

Posted Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 4:13 pm
Can I get the map of scratchFilterQuality

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:09 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No, you can't, because it's an option, you should read the manual.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:13 am
Give me the link please

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:18 am
Do you see along the top edge of this web site, the black area with words like Support written there?

Well if you move your cursor over those words, menus open up. On those menus are more words, like Software Manual...

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Checked again, the default (and minimum value) is indeed 8, but when VirtualDJ determines your cpu is fast enough it will indeed increase that minimum to 10.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 9:12 am
@adion ok man..thanks...i just wanted clarity..i will set it at 10...personally i checked scratch sound at max value..and also some 6 digit value...and i found scratch gets too digital at higher values...what exactly does the setting do..all i am aware of..is just 'makes scratching sound better' lol
Edit...just a suggestion..in the settings config..in the description...there could be a possible range of values so user avoids plugging in values less than 8...the max setting is reverted to when u plug in a ridiculously high value..(ps that value is also high...i have copy and pasted that value also on my tests)

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 6:41 pm
Give me the link please

U can map the setting as a custom button with different values..
settting "scratchFilterQuality" 10
This sets it at 10...u can add different values on the same button..by clicking the plus button on the existing custom button...and have many values mapped to one button...just make sure when u select a value..the button is lit...

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 6:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)