Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ 800 - ControllerTakeOverMode doesn't work as expected - Page: 2
djtachiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Is there any progress in fixing ?

Posted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 3:08 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We will revise 4 decks mode shortly. Perhaps we can prevent deck muting. However we can't prevent volume change when you switch from one deck to another (firmware limitation)

You wanted to send me some files to test out?

Posted Fri 28 Oct 22 @ 10:04 am
This thread has been abandoned for a while, yet I was wondering if anyone has figured out a workaround? It is kind of obvious this is Pioneer's way of forcing people to go for a 4 channel controller. Still, I bet we could outsmart them :-)

Posted Fri 23 Dec 22 @ 5:06 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
could you maybe have a var pulse over a second, when the button is pressed and have conditions on the effected dials/sliders to ignore input while the var is true.

Posted Fri 23 Dec 22 @ 5:25 am
SlySelecta wrote :
This thread has been abandoned for a while, yet I was wondering if anyone has figured out a workaround? It is kind of obvious this is Pioneer's way of forcing people to go for a 4 channel controller. Still, I bet we could outsmart them :-)

I see this is still an issue, eh? I don't think Pioneer was trying to force people to go for a 4-channel controller with this. Why do I say that?

Because 4 deck mixing works PERFECTLY on the ddj-800 with Recordbox. PERFECTLY. No hardware limitation whatsoever.

Posted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 12:28 am
Does that mean that when you switch between decks 1-3 or 2-4 in Recordbox, the volume faders don't automatically change to the physical position of the fader itself, i.e. the originally intended ControllerTakeOverMode "ghost" works there, but not in Virtual DJ? Can you confirm?

Posted Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 9:35 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
source buttons like this
leftdeck & ( repeat_start blocker 200ms 1 & nothing ) & setting 'mixerMode' 'Dual' ? deck 1 mute off & deck 3 mute on : deck 1 mute off & deck 3 mute off

level slider like this

var '$DDJ800_HID' ? nothing : repeat_start blocker ? nothing : level

if that doesn't work then the hardware reacts faster than the software and you'd need to have a thing recording the slider position and when the button is pressed have the recorded value imposed after the hw changes it.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 11:33 am
Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 1:38 pm