Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So I copied a folder of music to another Drive...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys..so what is a quick way of Copying the database and /or modify and transfer all BPM's and cues and Tags to yet a new location?..is there a program here that works?

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 3:13 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if you copy from external hdd to external hdd, a simple drag/drop copy of EVERYTHING would do in most cases but some stuffs may be missing
specially attached cover links, linked videos, edited tracks & video links...

THE REAL BEST TOOL for this is Virtual DJ specially if transfert comes from internal hdd to external hdd :
select your original root folder and right click to "file operations" then "copy to..."
The new created external database will get everything updated from local database

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 3:49 am
Than you...i will check that out...but i had vopied everything to external then it maxed out...so i am copying bsck to a internal secondary drive in my alienware...so i am not sure how the system sees this...

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 5:29 pm
you can use a text editor like Notepad++ and change the location in the database.xml file.

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 6:45 pm
Yes...this is what i had remembeted reading way back but...toe very file?...and the thibg is...i want to keep botbedrive copiesof at least half of the videos and mp3's?...

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 7:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you copied the database and the filename and size are the same then vdj will find the correct entry.
You just have to use Add to DB on the new location to have virtualdj know where the files are and it will correct the paths automatically

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 8:01 pm
Thank you sir..i will try this....

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 8:45 pm
joafraPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi
I bought a new computer and transferred all files and songs but I lost all my cues and labels
I tried to copy the data base from the old computer to the new one but I can't recover the cues and labels of the songs
Thank you in anticipation for any advice

Posted Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 5:03 pm

Posted Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 7:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)