Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Load VDJ8 and one of the players sounds distorted. Sometimes left player sometimes right

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use a Pioneer DDJ-sz controller for the past 3 years. Lately when I load the software one of my channels plays with distortion. I turn off the software and reboot it and its fine. This Saturday I had to reboot the software twice to heve the sound good on both sides. Any ideas would help? Thank in advance

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 8:06 pm
Latency?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 8:33 pm
More info needed. Mac? PC? Audio buffer size? VDJ latency settings?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 8:34 pm
Latency has always been set to 512 for 3 years. It's a pc Core I7 Dell with intel

Posted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 10:15 pm
Happened again on Saturday Night after 4 hours of play at the club I work at. I load a song and all of a sudden the song distorts. It will continue in that channel until I restart VDJ8. Weird as you never know when it will present itself? Has anyone had similar issues like this? Again, it's a Dell PC Core I7. When it works it is very smooth.

Posted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 2:58 am
Could be heat related (laptop getting warm).

Posted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 12:21 pm
Do a test for me:
The next time the issue appears open Config, Click on Audio Tab, and just click the "Apply" button.
Does the distortion goes away ?
If yes, then it's a latency issue. (Apply button will reset the communication with Pioneer ASIO drivers, which means that ASIO drivers themselves will also reset.)

In case it's a latency issue, before increasing the ASIO buffer I would try to switch USB cable to a brand new high quality one, and maybe monitor my laptop's temperature (there are dozens of free programs that can do that on Windows OS)
Finally, I would also check that no high power device (like a fog/smoke machine or a freezer) operates on the same power line as my laptop and controller

Posted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 11:11 pm
I tried the apply button same thing it keeps distorted. I have to completely shutdown and restart. I tried changing to a much higher latency and still nothing.

Posted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 6:16 pm
No lighting in the club or smoke

Posted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 6:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is it the same channel every time?

Posted Thu 27 Jun 19 @ 10:30 pm
Sorry my title explains that it ca happen on both sides. tonight didn't happen at all

Posted Sat 29 Jun 19 @ 7:40 am
its not a laptop It is a Core i7 dell top of the line PC

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 8:32 pm
I used VDJ 7 for 2 weeks and it worked perfectly. It has something to do with VDJ8 on this specific computer. My laptop has never had any issues using 8. I use it at home very often to play new releases

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 8:34 pm
Dell machines are renowned for bad drivers causing latency issues. download a latency monitor and look for spikes when the distortion occurs.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 9:23 pm
I've been using the same PCs for years dell I5 and Lenovo laptop i5 without any problem untill Win10 1809 where what you describe often occurs using any ASIO drivers
With Win10 1903 the same with WASAPI too. I didn't change VDJ version
with an old PackardBell Core duo E6700 No problem.

For me this sounded like a driver/system issue in WIN10

Last WE I experiment the problem 3 times with WASAPI while installing. simply apply the config once more at every time in settings -> Audio fixed everything for the rest of the gig
What is strange : the 3 times were with 3 different decks letting me think the setting have to apply once per deck to be stable

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 9:23 pm
I recently started having a similar issue. Based on what I read in this thread I did some research. Found out that the Windows 10 operating system is known for causing overheating in many different brands of laptops. I did further research and changed the settings on my laptop to run at the best system efficiency and stop a lot of background and start up programs from running. Also installing a temp monitor program. Make sure your laptop has a cooling fan under it or is well vented. I have a custom built HP laptop. Ran it for two years now with no problems until this heat wave hit us in New England. Hope this helps.

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 4:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)