Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ7 automix alternates playing/not-playing through DJIO every 15 minutes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djrobncHome userMember since 2014
I recently installed the latest VDJ7 on my Windows laptop, and it seems that when I play a playlist in automix, after ~15 minutes I get no sound through my usb DJIO card (which is connected to my stereo), and then if I let it sit for another ~15 minutes the sound starts working again, and then ~15 minutes later it stops again, etc. During the time when I'm getting no sound through my DJIO, the interface/screen still shows the songs playing, and I can unmute the local speaker on my laptop and hear the music through them just fine.

More Details:

My laptop is a little Toshiba netbook NB205, with Windows XP, and 2GB ram. It is plugged into power (not running on battery). VDJ is the only application running, and I have turned off the anti-virus, and turned off the Network. I have turned off things like auto-screensaver, and other things that might typically go into a 'power save' mode when a laptop isn't touched for a while, so I don't think any of those things are an issue. I have all the latest Windows XP patches, and the latest usb drivers for the DJIO (I even tried uninstalling the usb drivers, and re-installing them, just to make sure). I have the laptop propped up so it can get plenty of air to the vent holes on the bottom, so I don't think there is any overheating problem.

I'm using the latest VDJ7 (7.4.2) free/home edition, which I installed yesterday. In the VDJ7 config screen, I selected Laptop+usb-sound-card. I'm creating a playlist, and letting it 'automix'.

I also installed the latest VDJ8 free edition, and I can leave it automix'ing a playlist for a long time with no problem at all. Therefore I think this is not a problem with the laptop or the usb DJIO card. (I guess I'll be using VDJ8, but I was kinda hoping to use VDJ7 since it's supposed to be more rock-solid, and it has it allows a little better control of the automix playlist.)

Anybody had a similar experience with VDJ7 (misery loves company!), or better yet know how to fix/work-around the problem?

Thanks!
Robert

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 4:33 pm
Never could figure out a work-around to the problem I was seeing in v7, but as I've learned more about v8 I think it will suit my needs.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 2:16 pm
not sure it applies to version 7 but 8 only works 10 minutes at a time with a controller in the home version maybe is the same on 7 ?

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 3:18 pm
Hmm interesting. Thanks for the info!

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)