Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Does the Pioneer SP1 Require 'other software' mode? I read the pinned post and manuals but I'm still not sure

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
So I read the post at the top about native controllers, and read the PDF for the SP1 which unless I missed it does not specifically state either way, whereas the manual of the SP1 says using anything other than Serato DJ requires changing the mode to 'other software'

I just picked one up and certain things don't work right, like engaging the loop function by pushing the button, if I turn the loop knob it changes from 2 beats to 4 beat and so on, but pushing the knob does not engage the loop as it's supposed to....

I don't have it with me now, and planned to try the other software mode, but thought I'd ask the experts here if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Karz

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:53 am
You should leave your unit to the default "Serato" mode

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:44 am
So any idea what I should do to trouble shoot it then? In Serato mode the loop function does not work, in 'other software' mode the loop function does work. I'd have to do more testing to see what the differences are, but if I'm supposed to leave it in Serato mode I need to get all functions working. Thanks for any feedback...

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:10 pm
It must be in the "other software" mode, DJDAD confirmed this for me a month ago because the loop knob wasn't working for me either.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:50 pm
Thanks all

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 1:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The DDJ-SP1 should work in both modes actually.
Just a couple of leds may not work in "Serato" mode (such as the Loop Encoder led), so prefer the "Other" mode.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)