Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: record a sample on the fly + playing it. How to do it??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think this is one of the simplest use cases for sampler but I dont know how to do it...
I try to map following actions to my controller buttons:

button 1: Record a sample S from master output. stop when pressed again.
button 2: Play sample S on master output when pressed, stop when button released
button 3: Same as button 2 except playing it only on my headphones.

I only need one sample at the time. When recording another sample, it could override previous. No sample need to saved for later use.
How I do this??

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 5:23 pm
I had some reasearch and another option would be to set a POI that automatically records or saves the certain length of loop when the POI is passed. Then I need another button to sync & play the saved loop on master deck (it can be copied temporary on deck 3 also). That would be also a good enough for me. But I dont know how to do that either....

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Currently when you record a sample, it can only be accessed with script (button press) by first dragging and dropping the recording to the sampler.
This, in my opinion, is a poor move by atomix (compared to V7s recording to slots method)
Given that you have to drag the sample it's fair to say there is no more on the fly sample recording and playing *MASSIVE FROWNY FACE*

So button 1
sampler_rec 'master'
Then you'll have to drag the sample to the sampler
Button 2
deck master sampler_output & sampler_pad X (X being whatever pad you dragged it to)
Button 3
Sending the sampler out of the master or out any other deck/phones is done via an option but it can be scripted too
sampler_output 'headphones
deck master sampler_output
deck X sampler_output

So button 3 as your request
sampler_output 'headphones & sampler_pad X

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 7:00 am
Seems to be too clumsy way for me to do it. Actually i invented one button that does all that I want.. For the most of the tracks I have set cue 5 to a loop point. So i made only one button that when pressed down - copies the active deck track to deck 3, goto cue 5 and play on sync and when released, unload the deck 3. It works pretty much as the sample cue and it's very smooth. :)

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 7:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I like that solution, I've a 6 deck skin that does similar (I've designs on a 12 deck skin 6 normal 6 mini-sampler-decks), cloning and looping makes you look at the sampler and wonder Atomix didn't go that route, what with the advantages of eq, effects, nudging.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)