Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 won't load complete songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For some reason, VDJ 8 won't load complete songs from my database (usually it only pulls up half of a second of the song). Every song in my database is like this. I don't have the problem in VDJ 7, only in VDJ 8. Any ideas what I need to fix?

Thanks for your help!

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 6:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure those are files from your Music library and not tracks from the Content Unlimited service ? How do you locate your tracks ? using Search ? Can you try to see if the same thing happens if you load the tracks from the folders ?

Even if they load partially, do they play till the end (streaming) ? any chance you have set the MaxPreloadLength setting to a very low value (default is 50 -mins) ?

If none of the above helps, try to delete (but backup first) the settings.xml and the database.xml from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and the /VirtualDJ folder of your External Hard Drive (in case you have one)
and re-launch VirtualDJ 8 in order the databases to be re-created from the v7 ones.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 9:08 pm
Thanks djdad. I tried pulling files from my Music library and directly from the folder, no luck.

I thought pulling the settings & database files was going to work. When I relaunched VDJ 8 and went to load a track, it originally showed the full length of the song. Then it defaulted to the .4 seconds of the song that I was seeing before.

djdad wrote :
Are you sure those are files from your Music library and not tracks from the Content Unlimited service ? How do you locate your tracks ? using Search ? Can you try to see if the same thing happens if you load the tracks from the folders ?

Even if they load partially, do they play till the end (streaming) ? any chance you have set the MaxPreloadLength setting to a very low value (default is 50 -mins) ?

If none of the above helps, try to delete (but backup first) the settings.xml and the database.xml from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and the /VirtualDJ folder of your External Hard Drive (in case you have one)
and re-launch VirtualDJ 8 in order the databases to be re-created from the v7 ones.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)