Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio to external speakers/headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, im using Virtual DJ7 pro and am currently having issues when using a splitter for my audio. Im probably doing it wrong but i have one end of the splitter with my headphones in and the other end had my speakers in. However when i press the Headphones option to mix in a new track on my controller(Numarks DJ2GO, dont laugh im only a beginner haha), the audio is coming out of the speakers aswell, my current is "Inputs: none, Outputs: Headphones, Soundcard: Mono separated, primary sound driver". Just wondered what i am doing wrong and if anyone could help

Thanks
Ryan

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 10:37 am
lufc_ryan wrote :
im using Virtual DJ7 pro

You're only showing here as a Home user. Please register the Pro serial number to your account.

My conclusion would be that you've bought the wrong type of splitter. If you've got it from a local shop or some other non DJ seller, then chances are you've bought a "sharing" cable, which merely provides two identical stereo outputs from the same input.

What you need is a DJ splitter cable, that separates the left and right channels & sends the left to one output & right to the other.

The best thing to do though, is to buy a suitable DJ audio interface which has at least two stereo outputs.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 10:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)