Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: trying to solve no cue sound on deck 3 vdj8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using vdj8 with vms4.1 deck 3 has no sound output in headphone for cuein when using a 4 deck vdj8 4 deck skin. there is audio output on deck 3 when live but not in headset for cueing up. I hope my description makes sense haha. any help will be greatly appreaciated.
it has the latest build
deck 1 adjasio out 3&4
deck 2 adjasio out 5&6
deck 3 adjasio out 1&2
deck 4 adjasio out 7&8
master adjasio out 1&2
win7 desktop vdj8 controller settings american audio vms4 mapping:factory default browser mode mapping deck: Automatic (1, 2, 3, 4)

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ doesnt control the Headphone channel if an External Audio configuration exists , like the VMS4. So, if the Master Output is good, and you have prelisten issues, then you should check the hardware part...e.g. it could be a faulty CUE/PFL button.

E.g. you can try to use this specific Midilog in External mode, so switch the MIDILOG switch to analogue and route an external audio source (e.g. a CD player) to that, and check if the prelisten is good.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 1:06 am
DJDAD
the prelisten works in vdj7.4 when using 4 decks on all 4 decks using your vms4.1 skin and your mapper i can prelisten to deck 1,2,3,4 but when i switch to vdj8 with default factory mapp the only deck i cannot prelisten to is deck 3. and again thank you for replying and trying to assisting me
Steve

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 10:54 am
Why do you have 'master' set up in your audio config? That would send a blend of deck 3 and the master mix to the same channels (1&2).

What you should have is decks 1 to 4, each to their own channel as per page 4 of this PDF VDJ 8 setup guide. You don't need to send the master output.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 12:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)