Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New User.Couple question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I recently switched from Serato DJ to VDJ8 and i'm really liking it so far. I have a couple probably basic questions tho.
1.I'm using my ndx 800s via midi. Is there anyway that I can let vdj know to always assign my left deck to the left deck in the software and vice versa?
2.When I load a new song who do I set it so that my pitch stays the same in the software as it is in my midi controller?
3.Maybe this is a hardware issue but Icant backspin on my controller as soon as I let go it stops.
4.Is the sampler mapped to the computer keyboard by default? If not how do I map it? I'll just be triggering drops and sound fx.
I know this is alot but thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 5:42 pm
1.config/controller/ndx800/deck (choose the deck)
2.yes (if not, config/options/audio/autobpmmatch/no)
3.config/audio/rampstoptime (enter a number)
4.now there are several groups, so keys F1 ...F12 play the sample there is in each group, i.e famous group, 1.saxo mean play on key F1, 4.hands up on F4...

juan

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 1:13 am
Thanks Juan. I'll give those a try when I get home.

As far as the rampstop time whats a good ballpark to be in. What do you guys recommend setting wise to tighten up scratching via midi? It decent out the box but I'd like it a little tighter. I'm using an maudio conectiv if that helps.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 12:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)