Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help me translate a map command from VDJ7 to VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I'm working hard to switch up from VDJ7 before my next gig and need a little help. I really like to use an amazing sounding filter called QB Filter. I mapped the dedicated filter knob on my controller in VDJ7 using the following command which gave me a simple hi/low filter while leaving all the other parameters alone (as it is a complicated filter with a ton of parameters). Anyway, I'm trying to adapt to VDJ8 and just need some assistance converting this command to it. It's an amazing sounding upgrade to the default filter to my ears and I've come to rely on it . . .

effect 'qb_filter' slider 1 0% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 2 75% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 3 & param_equal 50% ? effect 'qb_filter' active off : effect 'qb_filter' active on

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 9:43 pm
n/m

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 10:07 pm
I'm having the same issue could you let me know how you solved?

My filter knob mapping is working by my oninit code to set the parameters right is now.

ONINIT action that I have:

deck 1 effect 5 select 'QB_Filter1' & deck 2 effect 5 select 'QB_Filter2' & deck 3 effect 5 select 'QB_Filter3' & deck 4 effect 5 select 'QB_Filter4' & effect 'QB_Filter1' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter2' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter3' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter4' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter1' slider 4 50% & effect 'QB_Filter2' slider 4 50% & effect 'QB_Filter3' slider 4 50% & effect 'QB_Filter4' slider 4 50%

Edit solved my problem by removing the first few commands. Updated oninit:

effect 'QB_Filter1' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter2' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter3' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter4' slider 2 100% & effect 'QB_Filter1' slider 4 33% & effect 'QB_Filter2' slider 4 33% & effect 'QB_Filter3' slider 4 33% & effect 'QB_Filter4' slider 4 33%

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 9:03 pm
Unfortunately, that's not working for me. Is there anyone who can translate my command for VDJ8? It worked very well in VDJ7. I wish I'd had added qb filter into the thread title because it was a popular filter in 7.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 12:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ allstar720, sorry for the delay I thought you had figured it out, try this. I don't know of qb filter but in theory this should work

effect_slider 'qb_filter' 1 0% & effect_slider 'qb_filter' 2 75% & effect_slider 'qb_filter' 3 & param_equal 50% ? effect_active 'qb_filter' 0 : effect_active 'qb_filter' 1

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 5:29 pm
I tried to make this work and failed. It's a popular filter so I'm gonna start a dedicated thread for it so hopefully other people can find it useful.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 7:33 pm
Ok. I never started a new thread because I didn't want to spam but, please, someone else has to be missing their qb filter besides me! It sounds so nice and warm compared to the default V8 filter. I was able to map it as a hi/low filter instead of my default filter in V7 (mapped to the controller's dedicated filter knob). I can't get work it out in V8 and I can't understand why. I took a picture of what the effect looks like when activated with a mouse click in case that helps with slider position but I'd really like to hear from someone who also used this amazing filter, as I happily did in V7.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 5:45 pm
Nobody? C'mon! I really miss that filter. I can't be the only one.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 5:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The script from locodog should indeed work fine. If it doesnt, you will have to be more specific on whats not working (e.g. the 3rd slider doesnt move, the effect doesnt turn on/off, the parameters dont get the specified values ?)

btw, the name of the effect is qb_filter or qb_filter_nosse ?

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)