Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video delayed when using Windows Media Player codecs (VDJ7 on Win7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDJ7 (latest version) installed on a I3 with Intel HD4000 and 4GB memory.

I have applied the registry settings for Intel HD4000 :

Video YV12 Bug - ON
VideoMemMaxUse - 800

Without hardware acceleration on VDJ will play all my video content without issue :

MP4 (Promo Only Videos and Visuals)
MPG (Some Visuals)
VOB (Mixmash ripped from DVD + Commercial DVDs ripped)

However with hardware acceleration on when I try to play either VOB or MPG the video loads in choppy sections of waveform and when played the sound is fine,but video choppy jumping and the spinning platters are choppy too.

So as it has been suggested I set VOB and MPG to run with Windows Media Player codecs, however this has given me the following issues :

I have two types of VOB (Ripped from Mixmash DVDs and ripped from commercial DVDs).

The VOB that are ripped from commercial DVDs (about 6 DVDs) all have video which playes fine,but the audio is not loaded it has a flat line for the wave form.

The VOB that are ripped from Mixmash play with sound and video, however the video is delayed behind the sound i.e. out of sync and if you hit play, then cue, then play the video is frozen until it suddenly decides to join back in and starts playing again (with the delay).

When using MP3s with linked video I noticed the video would suddenly stop, but sound carry on. On further investigation visuals in MP4 i.e. Promo Only dont have this issue,just ones in MPG which are using the Windows Media Player codec and basically they run one length of the visual i.e. if the visual is 35 seconds and the MP3 is 3 min, the visuals freezes after 35 secs,but music plays full 3 min, rather than the visual being looped for the duration of the track. If I turn off hardware acceleration and put MPG back to Video Decoder then this issue no longer exists.

Any advice on how to deal with this?

I have read a few things, one suggesting that Windows 7 comes with Direct X 11, but although supports Direct X 9 and 10 it only installs codecs for 11. Can I install what is missing i.e. 9 and 10, would this work?

Is Virtual DJ using codecs from Direct X or in built?

These same videos run fine on Windows XP with Virtual DJ 6.2. I have tried 6.2. on Windows 7 to see if the video decoder is different and makes no difference.

What is it that using hardware acceleration within Virtual DJ is doing that the HD4000 doesn't like? Is there any third party software that can change the settings in the HD4000 to not try to do whatever VDJ is asking it to do that it cant?

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 4:18 am
Same problem here, and can't figured out how to fix it. I was in a rush an decided to cross my fingers and use VDJ8 instead of 7, that I found out that this problem is "kind of solve". I running a Samsung 5000 series with an i7 and 6Gb RAM, dedicated Vboard 2GB, and still don't know what happen...

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:16 pm
stardust,
Check if this happen with VDJ 8... incredible or not, VDJ8 works really fine, unless the video borad temperature is really high. Need a proper cooler to freeze it over!!!!

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 9:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)