Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ ERGO V "ddj ergo v error in the asio driver: your sound card is probably not connected, or the settings are incorrect." PLEASE HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have read through all forums, installed all the latest software and still i get this error whenever I open up Virual DJ LE. It says that my sound card is probably not connected, however the controller is lit up... Somebody please help because I've quite frankly ran out of things to try.

Posted Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 2:05 pm
Dmitriy Sepetov wrote :
It says that my sound card is probably not connected

....or the settings are incorrect. If you know it's connected, then the problem is your audio config in VDJ.

Either read the Ergo manual or the Ergo config page here (go to the wiki page, type in 'ergo', click the link....)

Posted Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 2:26 pm
groovindj wrote :
Dmitriy Sepetov wrote :
It says that my sound card is probably not connected

....or the settings are incorrect. If you know it's connected, then the problem is your audio config in VDJ.

Either read the Ergo manual or the Ergo config page here (go to the wiki page, type in 'ergo', click the link....)

My audio config is set exactly as it says on the pink leaflet that you get with the Ergo and the Pioneer manual :(

Posted Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 3:53 pm

Posted Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 4:20 pm

Posted Sat 07 Sep 13 @ 6:21 am
ddjergHome userMember since 2012
hello can you help me about ddj ergo,
laptop connected to ddj ergo,all the light are working but soundcard gives error.it was working till yesterday.ive try with my friends ergo it worked!!:((no cable problem,or laptop problem
ı need help pls thank you!!

Posted Wed 18 Dec 13 @ 11:48 am
did this get resolved?

I have just plugged my ergo in - all works fine except no sound through headphones.

When I follow the config instructions, it says sound card not recognised and the controller stops working.

I then have to return it to original config to get the controller to work again.

Any thoughts?

Frances

Posted Fri 14 Mar 14 @ 1:14 pm
ok- think I have resolved it... I hadn't installed the ASIO drivers. All working now, but nothing playing out the laptop - need to have speakers plugged in - bit of a pain but ok.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 14 @ 1:56 pm
franny0510 wrote :
need to have speakers plugged in

Yeah, that's normal. The Ergo has an internal audio interface (higher quality than onboard sound) and the idea is to plug speakers into the Ergo.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 14 @ 2:49 pm
I'm trying to get my ergo to work.

Ergo is connected to my PC via the USB.
I am using a 5.1 soundsystem (speakers)

Firmware is updated.

Virtual DJ LE is updated.

Virtual DJ config + result #1:

Inputs: None

Outputs: Headphones: master.. first card...headphones...second card. If i switch (only two options) the result is the same.
Soundcard: 2 cards: There are two dropdownbars. It doesn't matter what i choose as long as i don't choose Line (2-pioneer DDJ ERGO)
The sound comes out of the 5.1 speakers.
There is no sound coming from my headphones., even when i press the cue buttons above the deckslides.

Virtual DJ config + result #2:

Inputs: None

Soundcard:
All options Sound from my 5.1 speakers but not from the headphones. When i press the cue buttons the volume goes up a little.
Except when i use Line(2-pioneer DDJ ERGO). Then i wil get sound on my headphones.

Outputs: Headphones: Three options from the dropdown bar:
1. Master: Front output/ Headphones rear output: Sound from headphones but cue buttons don't work. No sound from the speakers.
2. Master: rear output/ Headphones front output: Sound from the headphones. Volume goes up a little when pressing the cue buttons. No sound from the speakers.
3. Master: Front output/ Headphones center output: Sound from headphones (deckslides) but cue buttons don't work. No sound from speakers.

Please help me! I'm going crazy!!!!!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:42 am
Where do you have your headphones plugged in?

The Ergo has an onboard audio interface. The intended use is to plug your headphones and speakers into the Ergo and have the Ergo audio interface selected in VDJ.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:01 pm
You have to downloard the ASIO driver from Pioneer, make sure your DDJ is not connected, install the software, connect the controlller, then most importantly, reboot your computer.
Then when you restart your VirtualDJ, check that the configs are set according to the Pioneer DDJ User Manual.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 4:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)