Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music lagging on MacBook Pro/ Denon DN-MC6000 set-up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello. I recently switched from a PC to a MacBook Pro, and purchased a new Denon DN-MC6000 controller. Everything seems to be working perfectly EXCEPT the music occasionally lags and seems to be playing at a slower BPM. I have downloaded the lastest firmware for the MC6000 and have set up the MC6000 according to the instructions that came with the controller. I have done everything that I can think of to optimize performance, but can't seem to get it right. My MacBook should have plenty of processor power and RAM to drive the controller and VDJ. Specs on MacBook are as follows:

Late 2011 build
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

Posted Sun 10 Jun 12 @ 6:14 pm
This issues for MAC is not only on the VDJ users but for also for Serato users, I owned Serato and it is very obvious on serato than on VDJ for my own observation. This problems for some Mac Machines which not only on music lagging but also very promenent on the jerking of the waveforms on both VDJ and Serato softwares while on Traktor Pro/Scratch Pro it is not visible because Traktor is using a very short waveforms on the screens which is basically for the small window of the deck A & B. It was noted that it is maybe from the VGA refresh rates for some MAC Machines.

You can try and do some tweaks on your Mac just follow some of the solution that is found here it may help you. Also you can also try changing your SKINS to the appropriate resolution according you Mac VGA resolution.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Mac%20Performance%20Issues.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html

Apple have been already noted on this and they're maybe going to release on updates just go to apple site then look for the new Mac OSX Updates.

Cheers...
Cesar

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 2:49 am
This happened to me last night, I was mixing into Sexy Back from Billie Jean and the first 10 seconds we going great then my right deck completely slowed way down! literally to a crawl. I tried a number of other tracks in the same deck and the issue still was there. I have had the MC6000 and a 2009 13inch mac book pro for about a year and Have had no issues of this kind. Plenty of other problems but not this. Had to go to Auto-mix on the left deck for the rest of the night (SUCKS!!) So I decided to just restart only VirtualDJ when the event ended, Sure enough everything was back to normal. Please Note I only restarted VDJ NOT the Computer or the MC6000. Leading me to believe this was software based. VDJ on mac is the easiest to use but its so frustrating because it is the Least reliable, Stability enhancements need to be addressed.

Posted Sun 17 Jun 12 @ 1:36 pm
2 weeks ago as I was mixing from the left to the right, the song on the right deck started doing this "hickup" thingy every few seconds. I was surprised as I've been using this setup (macbookpro15 + hercules rmx + vdjpro) for a year without a problem.

I went back to the left platter and no problems. Me thinking it was the song itself with the problem (I had just purchased it from iTunes) I loaded another song, and the same thing happened.

I restarted VDJ, problem persisted, I restarted my Mac, and the problem persisted with any song. Same song loaded on the left no problem, on the right, the clicky-hickup every few seconds.

So, then I had an incredible idea, what if it isn't software at all? I took the right wheel spinner of the Hercules and spun it quickly. Problem gone.

I know this is probably very different to the other poster's issue, but my point is, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Posted Sun 17 Jun 12 @ 11:24 pm
I installed Mountian Lion the day that it was released, and this eliminated all of the problems that I was having. Must have been some compatibility issues with Lion, but Mountain Lion is working perfectly! Problem solved...

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 10:57 pm
i think its the vdj software, im using the new mountain lion os on my mac air with 8gb ram. also facing such problem. any advice?

Posted Mon 02 Sep 13 @ 3:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)