The MASTER panel contains controls for the Master Output, Headphones and Microphone Volume, along with Effects applied on the Master channel, Record and Broadcasting operations and Sampler recording from the Master Output or Microphone Input.
- Master Output - This section offers controls directly related to the Master Output:
MASTER VOL - Controls the Master Volume by moving the dial. The volume level can be reset to 100% by double clicking the dial.
ON - Indicates that the built in Limiter is armed and ready. The Limiter is on by default and cannot be turned off.
REC - Records the Master Output to a Sample.
VU Meter - Indicates the level of the Master Output.
- Headphone Controls - Displays and controls the Headphone levels if a headphone channel has been created in the Audio Setup. These controls will be unavailable if Master Only or External Mixer is selected.
VOL - Adjusts the volume of the Pre-listen channel (headphones). The volume level can be reset to 100% by double clicking the dial.
MIX - Adjusts the Pre-listen Output (headphones). When the dial is set to the far left (0%) the selected (PFL) decks will be heard. When the knob is set to the far right (100%) the Master Output will be heard. In all other positions the selected decks (PFL) and the Master Output will be mixed in the Pre-listen Channel (headphones)
- Microphone Controls - This section offers controls directly related to the Microphone. A Microphone Input must be configured in the Audio Setup for these controls to become available.
MIC VOL - Adjusts the volume of the Microphone Input. The volume level can be reset to 100% by double clicking the dial.
ON - Enables/Disables the Microphone Input.
REC - Records only the Microphone Input to a Sample.
VU Meter - Indicates the input level of the Microphone.
- Master Effect - This drop down menu provide a wide range of Sound Effects, Video Effects and Visualizations to be applied to the Master Output. Clicking on the down arrow will open the list of available plugins while clicking on the text will activate them. The 4 Deck Interface has a GUI button to quickly open and dock the Effect GUI to the right side of the browser as well as UP/DOWN arrows to quickly cycle through the effects list without opening the menu and parameter dials to control the chosen effect (if available).
When the Effects menu is open, they can be Pinned open by using the Pin icon at the top, activated or docked to the browser area using the gear icon to the left of the chosen effect.
(See Effects for more detailed information.)
- Record/Broadcast - This area is used to quickly enable/disable a broadcast or recording:
BCAST - Starts/Stops broadcasting based on the last known broadcast configuration. See Broadcast for more detailed information.
REC - Starts/Stops recording based on the last known recording configuration. See Recording for more detailed information.
FILE - Opens the Settings menu to make changes to the recording configuration and file name
More detailed information on how to broadcast and/or record your mixes can be found in the Broadcasting and Recording sections of this manual. Sandbox