Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCDs and Sound Cards for VDJ (other than VV)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Before you ask: I prefer the GUI of VDJ over VV, lol.
I dig the cool little turntables and coverflow.

Are there any other Sound Cards that will work with Time Coded Compact Discs and VDJ?
I really want to purchase VirtualDJ instead VirtualVinyl.

What options are out there? I'm aware of the MAYA 44 and the U46DJ.

I was considering the Maya 44, but it's not made anymore. And the U46DJ's price tag seems a little steep (but affordable).

I'm going from a proven Mobile CD DJ setup to a brand new PC DJ setup, that I haven't even bought yet.
All I know is I really dig the VDJ Pro Trial Version. Much more than the other Computer DJ software programs I've tested or seen.

I'm considering also the Hercules DJ Console RMX. But I want to go with the most stable system I can get.
I'm reading alot about peoples issues with RMX.
It could be they are installing hardware/software without researching compatability.
Or it could be legitimate unforseen/undiscovered bugs.

I've got another topic I started in the PC section, concerning the best (but economical) laptop for use with VDJ.

Last night I read the entire VDJ USER GUIDE, the HERCULES RMX USER MANUAL and the VDJ 5 DJC EDITION USER MANUAL. I'm trying really hard not to make an avoidable mistake by researching the best I can...

Thoughts, suggestions, criticisms?

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 10:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are aware ofcouse you can change the skin to a VDJ one with Virtual Vinyl!

It is a vasltly more powerful and stable interface than the others mentioned and has a much lower latency.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 10:41 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have used my RMX at several events and had no issues. I do admit that I did my homework here to get it configured right and tested long and hard at home before I took it out. I also have had great success with my iCDX DXM01usb set up as well.

If you purchase VDJ and any hardware, I recommend setting up and testing it may times before taking it live. But I did that with turntables, CD players and lights. Anything going in front of a live crowd gets a good running before it is taken live.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 10:50 am

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 5:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)