Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Crashing - EMERGENCY I have a gig tonite!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I have not changed anything on my system that I can think of recently.
VDJ works and plays fine EXCEPT now for some reason when i right click on a folder and try to choose "recurse" the software crashes IMMEDIATELY. No crash guard warning of any sort. I noticed this because I just added some new music and various folders and launched VDJ and tried to recurse to analyze BPMs before my gig tonite.

Can someone PLEASE shed some light on what might be causing this crash or how to fix it?

Thanks
-Q

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 2:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
There was a recent update too Windows. I bet you have a conflict of some sort. Try to run a system restore, see if that works....

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 2:50 pm
TearEmUp..

Yes you are correct I forgot! I DID do an update this morning which consisted of 14 updates.
However I just went with the recommended solution and did a system restore which was proir to that update.
I crossed my fingers and tried to recurse a folder and I had no luck :-(

VDJ is still crashing. Is there some sort or preference file or something that I can trash and let VDJ rebuild?

-Q

My main concern is that I may forget tonite and attempt to recurse a folder which will cause a DEAD AIR dance floor of about 1200 ppl :-(

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 3:38 pm
Why not uninstall then reinstall Cue/VDJ, maybe something got corrupt.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 3:41 pm
ok the plot thickens...

I thought maybe it was a database issue so I clicked on my drives and chose "remove from search db"
quit VDJ and relaunched
typed "*" in the search field to be certain everything was removed
clicked on a drive and tried to "add to search db"

CRASH!!!

Oh No!!!

What should I do? I cant afford to uninstall and reinstall and then worry about trying to install all my plugins etc
or even worse RE-analyzing ALL my BPMs

please help :-(

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 3:48 pm
Hmmmm some really strange stuff going on. Clipbank is not working... doesnt even show when i click on it
Also when I click on Sonique it CRASHES but with a smiley face.

Here is the report:

Crash ID=02120b98 (date=808141730, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f05ae0b, excode=c0000005 (8,2120b98))

Crash ID=000fc888 (date=808141731, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f059ec8, excode=c0000005 (8,fc888))

1st crash is when I clicked Sonique
2nd crash is when I tried to recurse a folder

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 4:30 pm
ok as of now i have uninstalled the software.. restarted.. installed the lastest version 5.0.7.. restarted.. and crossed my fingers again.

STILL the software crashes in the same manners as before? What has happened????
and more importantly how do I fix this in the next 2 hrs????

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 5:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to disable the UAC in Vista
(it's a problem with the DEP)

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 7:35 pm
the UAC has been disabled ever since I upgraded to vista... so it can't be that causing the problem.

I can't believe uninstalling the software and reinstalling did not fix whatever is going on. As of now I am so limited in what i can do. Trying to do much more than playing video will most likely cause the software to crash without warning. i.e. show logo, use sonique, add to search db, recurse.

What really sux is that in an effort to fix things I had removed EVERYTHING from the search db. Now not only can I not search anything through the software (because everytime I attempt to add any folder to the search db it crashes) but even if I attempt to play from my history files.. most of the links are broken for some reason!!! Not sure why the links would be broke.. the drive letters have not changed at all.

Last nite I had to run the software in a window as opposed to full screen and have an explorer window open so that I could search my drive in explorer for a song.. find it.. then drag it to the vinyl software to play it.

Is there any tech support phone number I can call where someone can maybe walk me through trying a few solutions?

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 9:31 am
I am starting to think maybe you have a bad file or 2. Is all your music in 1 single folder?? Could you possibly add each folder to the db seperately then u may know where the bad file/files are hiding?? Just offering suggestions.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:03 pm
No. as soon as I click on ONE folder or even ONE file for that matter and attempt to add to search db.. CRASH

Here is a list of what I "can't" do:
add to seach db
recurse
clipbank (none of the windows are even there to load files)
sonique
sound effects i.e. flanger etc (actually these dont even show up in the pull down)
text
text 2d
titler
analyze bpm
and this is just what I've noticed so far LOL. Like I said before I'm very computer literate and I have NEVER seen anything like this before.

also something to point out... when I load files by dragging and dropping from an explorer window to vv (since most of my history links are broken) it takes much longer to load the files.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:14 pm
OK try this, move about 5 songs to as new folder either on your desktop or another hd and try to add them to VV.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:22 pm
discobrain yes I went through regedit searching for anything to do with virtual vinyl or numark and deleted EVERYTHING. Also I have even downloaded NEW files to NEW folders and tried to add them :-)

I spoke with Numark on the phone and they are JUST as puzzled. I'm also thinking that the OS is involved in this somehow but without any type of error messages its hard to pinpoint the problem! If I can't get it fixed today I am most likely doing a format and restore of my system. I'm just playing out of town and don't have a back-up system with me so I don't wanna chance anything getting worse tonite than it was last nite. My playing is severely handicapped right now BUT at least I can still "play" video LOL..

Here is a more comprehensive list of crashguard txt that I just emailed to Numark Tech Support...
I copied and pasted so I can note exactly what caused each crash...

attempted to recurse folder "C:/users/mikey/music":
Crash ID=000fc888 (date=808151523, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f059ec8, excode=c0000005 (8,fc888))

attempted to analyze bpm of an avi file on an external drive:
Crash ID=000fcd58 (date=808151524, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f056ecd, excode=c0000005 (8,fcd58))

attempted to analyze bpm of an mp3 file on the local drive:
Crash ID=000fcd58 (date=808151525, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f056ecd, excode=c0000005 (8,fcd58))

attempted to add a folder to the search db:
Crash ID=000fd2fc (date=808151527, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f0512d3, excode=c0000005 (8,fd2fc))

attempted to scan a folder for tags:
Crash ID=000fd2a4 (date=808151531, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f05bad2, excode=c0000005 (8,fd2a4))

attempted to use the vocals+ sound effect plugin:
Crash ID=04dd3920 (date=808151528, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f053639, excode=c0000005 (8,4dd3920))

attempted to use the sonique video effect plugin:
Crash ID=0276cbd8 (date=808151529, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=8f05eecb, excode=c0000005 (8,276cbd8))

attempted to use the titler video effect plugin:
Crash ID=76e830df (date=808151529, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=83380074, excode=c0000005 (0,48435f5c))

As I mentioned before I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software and reset to the factory settings
I hope this report helps!!!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
GetSomeQ wrote :
As I mentioned before I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software and reset to the factory settings
I hope this report helps!!!

Yes, but did you run the registry cleaner after you un-installed VV? It is available in the download section. It removes all registry settings for VDJ/CUE/VV and that way you have a clean install........

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:54 pm
TearEmUp..

Making progress I ran the registry cleaner and reinstalled the software. Still have the same problems but I get the following error on the FIRST crash (which happened while trying to recurse a folder).

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Numark Cue\virtualvinyl.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call
OK

However I ONLY get this message on the FIRST crash after install. After that its the same as before. At least I have something to go off now to try to figure out exactly what the problem is. Any input is VERY appreciated!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 3:45 pm

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 7:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djcel wrote :

Let's try again ;-)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 11:42 am
djcel wrote :
djcel wrote :

Let's try again ;-)

Advising people to disabled Vista's greatest end-user security enhancement makes me cringe and GetSomeQ has previously stated it's disabled. Data Execution Prevention is by default disabled for non Windows programs and services, I take it the crash is not occurring in VV (just interested in the design here, never had a problem with these myself and I have UAC on).

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:35 am
this thread can be closed thanks to all those who attempted to help. Once I found that the error was a runtime error resulting from something in the C++ code. It was an easy fix from there. HaHa if you consider loading your system back to its factory setting when you took it out of the box easy :-)

Needless to say I now have everything loaded again and have made MY OWN disc image with all my software installed and configured to my personal needs.

Thanks again..
Q

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 11:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)