Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: hear noise when using vol slides and EQ knobs. [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I am getting a bit of a low rumble when I am turning any of my bass, mid or treble knobs and also with the volume faders on my RMX. i used to get that with the MK2 when I would power it off the the USB. The RMX is plugged into a powered USB hub and I'm still getting it.
Any ideas what is causing the noise. It's not real noticeable, but enough to where it bothers me. Also the RMX doesn't have the option for an external power source like the MK2 does.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:32 pm
You might try adjusting the performance setting to fastest and setting latency to auto as a test to see if these are causing the trouble. Unexpected or unusual noises are usually linked to latency settings.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:23 pm
just tried it and it didn't cure the issue. I would get this same noise with my MK2 when i would use in bus powered. When I connected to a powered hub or used a power adapter it went away. I am using a powered hub with the RMX.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 6:17 pm
I am also getting the same problem..... Anyone have any suggestions!

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 3:34 pm
Have you installed the latest drivers from Hercules? Drivers seem to be a pervasive issue with the RMX.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:21 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
discjockeydoc wrote :
Have you installed the latest drivers from Hercules? Drivers seem to be a pervasive issue with the RMX.

Yes they are, there's something not quite right with them.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 12:10 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
As already said a lot of times in the forum, disable the option "safe mode"

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 3:44 pm
I musta have misread your instructions last week and left "Safe Mode" checked. I unchecked it and restarted the laptop and the warbling noise did disappear. Thanks djcell--

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 10:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)