Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please Help "Error in the sound driver" for Herc rmx [SOLVED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I get a message \ error in the sound driver\ every time I try to start up virtual dj 5.2. It's been working fine for the month that I've had it . This problem has only started in the past day or so. I'm using a Hercules RMX with a MacBook Pro operating on Leopard 10.5.4 with 2gb of ram. All the controls work on the RMX except for the play buttons. I've uninstalled the Hercules drivers and VDJ software; downloaded the newest versions and installed them 5 or 6 times. I've tried installing the software from the original start-up disc, and plugging into different USB ports, but I get the same results. I've got gigs on the calendar and I need to be up and running ASAP or I'll have to buy another program and eat the $150 I spent on the Pro edition.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 2:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What is your current sound config in VirtualDJ?

You can also try this:
go to the Info pannel and reset all the VirtualDJ parameters.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 6:02 pm
I have VDJ sound setup as follows:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard(s): DJ Console RMX
Output Channels: Master: Channel 1&2 / Headphones Channels 3&4

This how I've had it set up since I first bought the software without a problem until now.

I've reset the factory defaults a dozen times with the same result.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 7:28 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 11:01 am
Thanks DJqc,

I followed the directions in the 1st link and life has never been better!

You saved me a lot of frustration.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 3:14 pm
I celebrated way too early.

I woke up this morning to discover that every time I close and reopen VDJ a lot of memory is missing:

All bpm's are wiped clean

Any info that I had to manually type is now gone; like genres, song titles, artists, etc...

All cue points are erased.

I could spend hours organizing music and have to start all over again every time I shut down.

The good news is that the buttons work and I'm getting sound.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 7:30 am
I am getting the same error message. Very frustrating. Luckily, I don't need the console. I'll return it this week (I just bought it) and wait a year or so until this damn software works…).

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 4:07 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 5:10 pm
After update the Driver to 1.89 I have the same Problem (Error on the Sound Driver).
Pleeeease help me, what can I do? Installing old driver hast no Effect :(

VDJ Pro 5.2
Hercules dj console rmx
Firmware v1.1.29.4
Server v5.9
DJ API v4.3

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 2:12 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is ur sound setting?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 5:10 am
I updated the Driver and then VDJ-LE FOR RMX wrote this error.

Thats why yesterday i buyed VDJ Pro, but there's the same error.
Now VDJ-LE 5.07 & VDJ Pro 5.2 don't run. I "uninstalled" and installed serveral time, and deleted all plist-Files in my Library.

Sound-Setting in VDJ Pro is:

Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard(s): DJ Console RMX
Output Channels: Master: Channel 1&2 / Headphones Channels 3&4

In VDJ-LE for RMX i have no Option to set the Sound-Driver.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 6:13 am
Before u boot up ur mac, attached the rmx to it.

Does in the remote, make sure u enable the mk2 icon to green color.

Then u may try this as one of the option.

Outputs: Headphone
Soundcard: 4 out card
Driver 1: Hercules Rmx aggregate etc.

Try to use only the pro version as u have it right now.

N btw, welcome as a pro user in our mac community;)

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 9:08 am
Thaaaank you, I'm very happy :) I think the money for the pro-version was a good investment. I hope we'll see us more often in this community. Merci and greetz from germany.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 11:26 am
Yes, getting the pro version is indeed a good investment. Anyway glad u get it sorted.... now njoy ur rmx;)

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 1:07 pm
i have a question.. i also have the same problem that i have a error in the sound driver.. but i have the virtual dj Home edition.. now i can buy the pro
for only 106 euro instead of 235 euro but can i be sure that this problem doesnt stay when i go to pro ore do i still have this error?

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 1:31 pm
From what i been hearing, that user upgrade to pro version from the LE did not have that problem. It be best to have that statement from them on this. But one thing i can assure u that getting the pro version there are no limitations and well worth it.

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 4:27 pm
ok, and what if i upgrade to pro and still have the error can i then refund my money back ore will they say sorry bad luck for you.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 4:43 am
Before u purchase, it be better if u will download the demo from here for pc. N try it n use it at ur pc system first. I dun think u can have refund.

But as i conclude earlier user upgrade from LE to Pro for mac have success with their rmx.

Regards.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 4:53 am
it works on windows so its not the hercules self that doesnt work so its the software for the mac that doesnt work strange enough :(

so i dont now if i should buy it.. because today i wan to go to the store to ask a newone but i think that is a wasted of my time. i think that
the error also is coming back.. so no use

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 5:27 am

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 5:36 am
83%