Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER CDJ-400 + VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Guys , Anyone tried or using this combination , looks interesting no ?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 9:27 pm
I'm also interested to know if anyone else has tried these.
Is there planned support from VDJ for native control with this player.

I'm tossing up between the CDJ-400's and Denon HSS5500 (17th Jan) although if they don't give the option of add on CD, it's unlikely I'll go with the Denons.

Ross

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:06 pm
I just got a pair of CDJ-400, and it's a dam good deck for that money.

On the "PC" side it do have a built in soundcard, MIDI and HID (HID proberly for control and display/led's)

Anyone have SDK/API doc on the HID, please contact me.

Posted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 6:34 am
I purchased the CDJ-400 and love what it can do but i cant make it work with VDJ, maybe my config is wrong does anyone know what settings or config I should be using. Currently I have the Midi active in the remote setting to control it but it will not let me config. it. Frustrated ready to change over to Rane or Mixvides although I am a VDJ fanatic

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 8:03 pm
DeeJay Ken wrote :

On the "PC" side it do have a built in soundcard, MIDI and HID (HID proberly for control and display/led's)

HID = Human Interface Device ≈ MIDI

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 6:02 am
RonnieBPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am also very interessted in CDJ-400 support. I'm thinking of buying 2 of them to replace my timecode setup.
But i would like to use them with VDJ, so native support (with song titles on display etc) would be very nice.

Is there an indication when this will be realised?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 9:23 am
it looks like a good combination to go with, but what do you guys think? What is thebest to go with as im just starting out, either the pioneer stuff or denon, which is better?

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 5:26 pm
moshiPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 6:53 pm
What about the jog wheel does it work just like it does when playing a cd? Or does it have to be configured via general midi or some sort of special midi mapping like the EKS's xp10 jog wheel?

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 11:21 pm
I've just been trying this MIDI XML file with a CDJ-400.

When the song is playing back, the CDJ-400 jog wheel is in pitch bend mode, so you can nudge the song forward or back.

When the song is stopped, the wheel sounds like it's in vinyl mode, but touching the top surface sets a cue point. This really should be the job of the cue button.

It needs some work!

PS: Shadow, you need to press the USB button on the CDJ-400 to put it into PC mode, then it'll work over MIDI

Posted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 6:26 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Description:
set cue = push the wheel
goto cue = pause & cue

Ahahah I can only laught about it!!! Let's map the Cue button for enable the flanger!!!!

This irony is not for the appreciable job made by the mapper-developer, but for vdj developers.

It's absurd that they continue to do their best effort for don't standardize CUE/PLAY function like in every serious equipment.
They are so afraid that ppl can learn to use traditional equipment with their program...and this is the result...
When i saw cdj400 and midi functionality i already knew what could happen here in vdj community for mappers.

(OT for developers: Congratulation and thanks for always listen our humil opinions. "wishes and new feature" section is only for birds that like to sing to the air)

Posted Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 10:00 am
I totally agree Voltron... "wished and new feature"...don't make me laugh.....just think about the stutter fonction for the sample that we've been asking for ages.........all the other soft got it...........that makes the sample fonction uncomplete.......pfffffffff

Posted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 5:19 am

VDJ is looking into the native support for CDJ400 already, and of course it will have Pioneer behaviors ;)

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 11:38 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Hi Norway !

Fredrik from Stockholm here..

Hope it will work fine with midi and as a soundcard as well :-)
Ive just got my two 400:s and trying to mapping my self..

I have trouble with my Soundcard Setup, when i try to make them both as a soundcard the program will only notice one of them,its like it only connecting one 400 ??
There would be Perfect to setup them as 2 soundcards because then you wouldnt need an external soundcard.

Like I said ,now i just can get One of them working, the sound is Great and the Midi seems to work Good,,but I cant separate them in the config.
Can it maby be the Pioneer Asio Driver that doesnt separate them?

Hope 2 Hear from you later ;-)

/Fredrik

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 12:25 pm
Now I´ve fixed it ;-)

I will try to get my (not completed) mapp out here as soon as possible..

It works without External Soundcard, just get the usb into it and get digital output to the mixer :-)

The Sound Setup should be like this:

Input: None
Output: External Mixer
Soundcard(s): 2 Cards

Soundcard: Pioneer Cdj 400
Soundcard. Pioneer Cdj 400

Output Channel: Left Deck / Right Deck

/Fredrik

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 4:17 pm
Sorry folks..

But i didnt mention that you also need to get the Driver for Pioneer to make it work ;-)

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 5:12 am
Where is that driver?

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 12:48 pm
One more thing..you need to set the midi output from each deck (if you have two pieces like me) to different channels..see more in Operating Instructions (Page 20).

Good Luck ;-)

Posted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 2:44 pm
Thanks lol :)

Posted Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 12:02 pm
69%