Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: maya 44 question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what program do i need for mac to open the Maya44 ControlPanel.app.sit file i asked on the audio trak website & no answer. I ws trying to install my maya 44 getting ready for the mac version.

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 7:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Question: What is a .sit file?

Answer:

A .sit file is a file or folder (containing files) compressed using a compression method similar to that used in .zip files with PCs. To uncompress this file, and view its contents, you will need a free utility called "Stuffit Expander."

You can download Stuffit Expander
http://www.stuffit.com/expander/index.html

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 11:01 pm
the note on the audiotrak website say that the driver is only for OSX 10.3.X

Does that mean it wont work on 10.4.8?

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 7:55 pm
depends it may mean 10.3 and above

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:53 am
skyfxl wrote :
depends it may mean 10.3 and above

That's exactly what it means. =)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 4:30 am

Thanks, got it to work. Vdj Mac sure would be nice!! :<)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 7:31 am

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 8:29 am
haha

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:13 pm
skyfxl wrote :
haha

=D

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:30 pm
l.o.l Conquest that was cute. I am honestly trying hard to hang in. I guess if my pc version worked i could be more patient. Since it does not i'm anxious to get my monies worth out of this investment & redeem myself from my vdj breakdown, live in the club. I hope everthing is cool for the mac version. However the end of feb. is fastly approaching & I will be using vdj or serato I will promise you that.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:12 am
djallstyle wrote :
However the end of feb. is fastly approaching & I will be using vdj or serato I will promise you that.

I feel you, and given certain recent developments with some of my turntablists friends and partners and their relationships with other manufacturers, as well as Atomix/Numark's lack of communication with me/us in regards to anything regarding VDJ Mac, I may have to keep my options open as well if we don't have something in hand by the end of this month.

I've recently gotten support from several high profile/celebrity turntablists for the Visual Turntablist movement (to seperate ourselves from everyone that calls themself a "DJ" and takes no pride in the art form places an effort on furthering the art form or themselves as artists) that I've started and may force me to go with the option that makes the most sense for me and my partners. Expect to see some gear for Visual Turntablists REALLY soon (a few days) and possibly a collaboration with an already popular gear manufacturer who has expressed interest and that we have already had VERY good relations with since the early 90's. (that's within a month) . =)

I hope to continue to help VDJ/VV as I have been doing since last summer, but business is business, and good business is a 2 way street. Lately I've been the only one that has been driving down the VDJ/VV highway without seeing or hearing from any Atomix/Numark drivers in passing, so it's starting to feel more like a dead end street.

Communication is everything.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 4:24 am
well theres not much to say until its out of beta , there busy working on it at the moment , and there not very chatty at the moment even with me lol =) because their working their socks off to make the product perfect ;)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 12:18 pm
skyfxl wrote :
well theres not much to say until its out of beta...

The beta's supposed to be public. Even if that has turned out to not be the case, I was still told that I would get to test the beta. If certain Atomix members are mad at me because the things I've been saying since last year turned out to be right like "you need a Mac version and you're gonna have a HUGE uphill battle against Serato ScratchLive here in the U.S.", then those individuals need to learn how to set their personal feelings aside and learn how to handle business.

I'll just say I've already got free products right now from other companies because they're trying their best to sway me and my connections away from VDJ/VV and support their products instead since certain ones of our dj partners and long time friends are already spokespeople for some of those companies and they know that I'm holding several high profile and celebrity radio/club/event/showcase/touring turntablists and serious dj's back from jumping onboard with them.

Us natives are getting restless and being propositioned by the competition, and all I can keep telling my supporters is to "hold on", which is what I've been telling them since before Christmas because we were told that around Christmas would be the release date.

Luckily, having been in this industry for the past 17 years, I know better than to trust a verbal release date for software (unless it's given by Apple), so I never told anyone that it would be out around Christmas and instead told them late January at the earliest, hopefully February, but early March at the latest.

End of February is only 2 weeks away, and although I might stick it out until VERY early March, I don't think the others that I've been witholding from buying competitor's products will, because now we're being offered the equipment and sponsorship by those companies.

Business is business, and I gotta do what I gotta do like many others have said as well, such as dj allstyle.

The Visual Turntablism movement has already started and we'll have gear out for Visual Turntablist's within the next few days or couple of weeks (end of February at the latest), and a lot more within the next 1-3 months with an early summer gear launch planned for May.

We'll just have to see how this plays out I guess. All I can say at this point is that I tried to hold on and have others do so as well.

We've already got an army of turntablists who will support Visual Turntablism, and I really wanted it to be Atomix/Numark that we would fight for. But the bigger picture for us is supporting the art of Visual Turntablism, and for most of them, they don't care about who they support, only who supports us better.

Again, we'll see what happens though as the right business proposition will be difficult to ignore. I would be stupid to do so if all of my backers no longer have my back and have taken other offers that have been extended to us. I could try to do this on my own, but why would I want to?

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 1:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)