Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console: First Impressions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Update

I have my dj console installed and up and running it was a breeze to setup, I loaded the latest drivers and firmware off the bat, the install was quick and painless.

Using VDJ 2.0

Things I like

1. crossfader is awesome its wild to see it move the software works well in cut mode for scratching and the wheels are great.

2. Load button this is cool because I can use 1 key to load a song unlike the dac.

3. cue/stop works just like a cd player would I missed that I like the fact you can hold down cue and it will play and snap back once released great feature.

Things I don't like

1. the stick is slow this should fly up and down thru the brower very quickly like the jogwheels on the dac.

2. You should be able to use the stick as a mouse, thus eliminating the need for a mouse

3. Jogwheels are too close to the play and cue buttons I find myself skipping or nudging songs all the time. you should be able to turn the jog's off and use them to scroll the recordcase up and down

4. Midi is limited. Say you wanna assign the jog wheel to scroll the browers window on the deck that is not playing and scratch on the deck that is, this is impossible in the current config.

5. Many midi shortcuts don't work correctly the scroll updown
scrolls down only will not go back up this is critical please fix.

6. headphone output volume is weak, I think I need to invest in a headphone amp to get the desired volume in a noisy club.

All in all I still have a good feeling about the djconsole purchase I don't feel I've made a mistake. After all I coudn't wait any longer on the xp10's besides I coudn't afford them anyhow.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 5:03 am
agree...

but on things u dont like, point 1 to 4 are kinda the same...
you want to use console to brownse recordcase/files...
Never used a dac, so did not miss this feature...
I'm used to use mouse... :) but maybe this scoll feature is something that others will like too...

but all in all, agree with you, exept for the headphone thing. I get very loud headphone output, and by no way could I turn it all the way up... is there a volume slider in setup that have turned headphone volume down? or in skin?
because headphones work great for me...

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 1:14 pm
Norway,

1 refers to the stick and 4 refers to the jogwheels

anyway

I've been playing with it all morning, I've found that even if you use the console re-mapper you still have vdj taking over the jogwheels I want them to just scroll the recordcase on the deck that's not playing. The console needs a re-mapper inside VDJ to remedy this.

Its a great piece of hardware and here's why I think so

DJConsole 249

which includes sound card, mixer, and software controller

Pro soundcard 150
mixer 200
controller 250

all these components would cost 600 bucks the console is by far the best means of consolidation by device. And it saved me a lot of money by having these things built in.

VDJ Team

Please give us a software mapper inside of VDJ and we would all be set.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 5:58 pm
ok... i see what u mean about the stick :)
and can understand your argument about recordcase brownsing, as u are used to that, and like it...

and i totally agree... its a lot for little money :)

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 6:19 pm

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 6:45 pm
As for point 2: In the latest version of the console drivers (which you should have, if you just bought a few days ago) there is a check box in the lower right called "DJ Mouse". Just tick it, and tada : You can use the stick to move your mousepointer.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 8:38 pm

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 11:49 pm
I replied to the post with my thoughts...

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)