Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "Freezing" problems with DJ Console and with Hercules support!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KeuneutHome userMember since 2004
Hello everybody,

First of all I want to say that this forum has been a lot of help to some of my problems with the Hercules DJ Console. Really cool!

Secondly I want to say that the support I get from Hercules is really, really poor... They haven't replied to most of the e-mails i've send those guys. Very irritating.

You guys are one of my last hopes to my problems. I will copy the last e-mail i've send to the support team of Hercules. If you have some possible solutions, Please post them...
THANKS !!!

Arno from Holland.

=========================================

Dear Technical support,

I'm back with some new problems with my DJ Console. It's the one you fixed last time.

I'm really getting annoyed with the service I'm getting from Hercules. I'm experciencing serious problems with my DJ Console and I have send this e-mail Four times before within a period of 2 months but I still haven’t got any awnsers or even reply's to my problems. I hope I could get a reply this time.

After problems with hyper-sensitive jog wheels and not returning my USB-cable when you got it fixed, I now have some new problems.

After I got back my fixed DJ Console I tried it out and I noticed that the hyper-sensitive jog wheels problem was fixed. I was very glad about that. The first few times I didn't have any new problems. After three or four days new problems started to show.

These are Symptoms:

While i'm busy with mixing (in viritual DJ, mix vibes 5 or ALCATech BPM-Studio), suddenly the music stops, the program keeps running but there's no reaction from my dj console(lights don't change when I push buttons), the program does not react to the buttons I've pushed. When I check my task manager the program remains to say "running" and it never turns to "not responding". So I think there is nothing wrong with the software.

I can shutdown the program (viritual DJ or mix vibes 5) without any problems.
When I shutdown the program and everything seems normal again.
When I try to startup virtual dj (or any of the other programs), the following message appears:

“Error in the sound driver of Direct X”

And when i start winamp and want to play music this error apears:

“Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780032”

And I can’t get into viritual DJ, mix vibes 5 or ALCATech BPM-Studio anymore or play audio files (with winamp or windows media player).
The only thing I can do is, unplug the USB cable and replug it. Only then I can work with my console angain without getting any error messages.
Seems to me that it is another hardware problem. These problems apear everytime now when I want to use the dj console but it differs how long it takes till everything freezes. I guess it depents on how intensively I use the DJ Console.
I've installed the latest firmware (version 34) and drivers (version C030) for my DJ Console, but the problems remain. I've also tried different direct X versions ( 8.1 , 9.0a, 9.0b, 9.0b tv-card Hotfix) but that didn't matter as well. I'm running Virtual Dj in windows 98 compatibility mode because I've hyper Theading processor. Turning off Hyper Threading doesn't solve any problems as well.

I’m really unhappy right now.
Please tell me what I can do about it.
And I’m really counting on you guys… I can’t use my Dj console. I haven’t payed €200 for Nothing haven’t I?

Best Regards,

Arno

System Specs

P4 2,6 Ghz 800 Mhz fsb Hyper-Threading
512MB RAM DDR 400 Mhz
Windows XP PRO SP1
Direct X Version: 9.0 b Tv-card Hotfix
for my Hercules 3d Prophet ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 SE

Posted Mon 03 May 04 @ 9:22 pm
Did you check www.usbman.com ?

some time some chipset could have some probleme with usb.

Posted Mon 03 May 04 @ 9:42 pm
My chipset is:

Intel 865PE
on a MSI 865PE Neo2 LS mainboard...

Any known problems with USB stuff or DJ Console?

Posted Mon 03 May 04 @ 11:06 pm
I don't know i don't have the Dj Console

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 8:52 am
Today I found out that the DJ Console freezes when I shake it or touch it to rough I guess. It's very very sensitive, but i've never done anything rough with it tough, so i'm sure i've never done anything wrong with it.

Seems to be a serious hardware issue..

I've got some awnsers from Hercules finally. They what to help me so i'm glad about that.
I'll post anything usefull when I have some usefull information.

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 12:03 pm

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 1:57 pm
Yes, have you read my post?

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 2:13 pm
try reinstall everything over again and use a power usb hub when you take out the hercules drivers go into programs and delet the hercules drivers and folder,I just bought the console last week it works very good the only thing jug wheel is too sensitive I wrote them so many email still no reply I don't know who gave them the idea to make this console like this thing should be rack mount and in all the dj software BPM PRO use this console the best,my hands never went on my laptop this was a good feeling anyway I hope everything works out for you

Posted Tue 04 May 04 @ 6:00 pm
Try bugging them on these two e-mail adresses:

Rma @ guillemotsupport.com

audio-english @ guillemotsupport.com

without the spaces off course...

What you've saidl i've tried over a dozen of times. But thanks anyway!

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 10:28 am
My problems are solved!!!

Just received a fresh DJConsole from Hercules.
I don't know what was wrong with the old one, but I have to send it back to them so they can inspect it.

The new console works fine now!
Everything is perfect.

Posted Mon 10 May 04 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)