Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Scroll wheels like DSC/DMC!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, I love the console, although it is a bit crammed together and not so rugged. Man, if they streched it out to 19" rack mount and made it out of aluminum,!!!

Anyway, is there a way for you guys to write code so you can use the "not playing" deck to scroll through the song list like the DMC-1/DAC-2? You can even make it switchable in the setup. Either that, or make the joystick be the scroll up/down for the song list either way I'm happy!

Thanks.

Posted Tue 20 Apr 04 @ 1:29 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
> Either that, or make the joystick be the scroll up/down for the song list

there's a setting in the config panel. basically, if you don't use the joystick to scratch, you use it to navigate through the song list. then if you press the right button underneath the joystick, it loads the right deck, and if you press the left button, it loads the left deck.

takes a bit of practice to get used to, but it's handy when you don't want to use the mouse at all (in that case, also disable the security feature cause the alert dialog requires the mouse to click OK or Cancel)

hope this helps,

Nicolas

Posted Tue 20 Apr 04 @ 1:09 pm
Naw, not what I'm looking for, the mouse function is a bit too hard to use. Just make the joystick scroll up or down in the list itself without having to click on it first. The 2 mouse buttons below would be fine though for loading a song.

BUT, it would still be better if I could use the wheels like the DMC-1/DAC-2. You have much better control of the speed of which you scroll.

This really shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Just another thing on the TO DO list of the design team!

Thanks guys!

Posted Wed 21 Apr 04 @ 2:11 am
if you got the BPM PRO it can do all this what you said the joy stik is the mose the BPM PRO 4.1.9 I just bought the hercules and I use it last night in a club like you said if the hercules was a rack mount and have led display it will be the best and it has a very good sound card also, but in VJDJ if you high light a song and use the right clik button below the joystik it will laod the song in the player, but like I said BPM and hercules work very well together every thing work fine it looks like hercules made this for BPM PRO but keep playing with it also work very well with VJDJ, I'm thinking of making a controller i'm having some talk with some banks most of the companys that make the controllers I don't know who are those dj they have when they are making this

Posted Sun 02 May 04 @ 4:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)