Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just got my console. Now I've questions...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1DgafHome userMember since 2004
Hello everyone.

Got my console yesterday and started playing with VDJ yesterday too. I have some questions I hope you can help with.

1. The console's right jog dial has been incorrectly fitted. When I turn it using the finger indentation, the dial scrapes along the plastic of the console. This happens however gently it's turned. If I place my finger at the back of the dial (the little bumps) it doesn't scrape.

I don't think it's affecting the way the console works, but it's *very* annoying. Is there an easy way to fix this? Something similar happens on the left dial, but not nearly as bad.

2. Is there any way to change the ratio between revolutions on the dial and revolutions of the record? I find I have to turn the dials very fast to get close to normal record speed, which is annoying.

3. When a track is playing and I spin a dial anti-clockwise the record slows, but never goes backwards. How I can make it go backwards so that, when I stop spinning the jog dial back, the record continues to play automatically? At the moment I can only make it go backwards if the record isn't playing.

Thanks everyone.

Posted Wed 03 Mar 04 @ 1:30 pm
Update:

Just rang Hercules' UK support. Was told that I can take the the jog dial off to see what's making it catch the console.

I'll wait a couple of days to see if Hercules send this to me in an e-mail (forgot to get customer service rep's name during phone call) and do it then.

Another question: how the hell does one get the cover off the back of the console? It's not easily removed and I don't want to break it.

Posted Wed 03 Mar 04 @ 2:47 pm
If I were you I wouldnt listen to that dodgy sales rep. If you tamper with the case or dismantle it in any way you will find that you have voided your warrenty.

I get the same scraping noise as you. Im going to send mine back soon. I think you should do the same.

The jog dials are not representations of records on a deck. They are for precision movements. Use the >> button to forward. This is also why the track slows down and does not rewind.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 9:57 am
Thanks 'moff.

Will you send yours back to Hercules or the shop you bought it at?

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 11:50 am
i bought it from DABS.COM on the net but u dont send it back to the shop as you have a warrenty on it. You need to call them first before you send it back to their returns department. I think the number is in the pack you got with the console. See http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact for their list of contact numbers.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 4:46 pm
Thanks again.

I've sent an e-mail to the company I bought mine - www.tekheads.co.uk - from asking if I can return it and get an exchange. They're based in Sheffield. It's cheaper for me to post it there than to mainland Europe which I understand from these boards is where Hercules accepts consoles.

I'm keeping my options open at the moment. I would prefer to return it to Hercules, but if they don't have repair center in the UK it's going to cost me £25 or so to ship it back.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 4:58 pm
Hello everyone.

I rang Hercules on their UK support number. The chap on the phone thought the returns address for UK customers is in London. This is an update to my post where I believed the unit had to be sent to Europe for repair.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 04 @ 7:00 pm
twe69Home userMember since 2004
well i bought my console in december.... had the dodgy wheel problem where it would speed the track up without me doing anything... i got the console back at the end of january - and today i got a cheque for the total amount of postage costs..... since it was a manufacturing fault...... see if you can ask them to pay for it - again their fault its dodgy, not yours....

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 12:26 am
Exactly. I work for a software and accessories company and if any of our stock is faulty the customer can ask for free postage. Remember its only if they ask...

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 1:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)