Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I Buy this hercules product

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I came across this product online and i have read Post here and on the traktor site. But this site is the one that worries me. I would like to know is this product worth getting i have been djing for 15 years on vinyl, but the last 2 years i have incorporated the mp3 aspect of it. I live vinyl 2 death but i like to have access to more songs at the club than i sometimes can carry. Anyway Yes or No should I pick this product up? I plan on purchasing it or not tomorrow. By the way i have tried Virtual Dj and between that and traktor i enjoy and use both while i Dj at the club every week.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 2:00 pm
Well I would be buying the product now, I would really make sure that I get a version that does not have the "hypersensitive jogwheel"-problem. I guess that Hercules probably has already replaced all faulty consoles at the shops by now (or maybe not, who knows...) but if I were you I would ask the dealer about that.

I've sent my console back to the dealer twice and now I got hardware that works fine. I must say that I'm very happy with it now, well worth the quite cheap price.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 04 @ 10:12 pm
If you've spend 15yr on vinyl I disrecomment the Hercules Controller... !! Perhaps the XP10 is a better one for you, yes it cost more, but I'm sure you'll get more pleasure out of it.
If you still have your decks, also check out TraktorFS (stanton) so you can use your traditional set-up.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 9:52 am
If you like to have a semi-pro controller then I would like to recommend this product (Make sure you have the new model)

If you like a vinyl like controller, I would say, wait for the XP10

If you like proper service, do not buy this product.

Ewout

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 6:42 pm
nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HOw do you know if you have the new model?

Posted Mon 01 Mar 04 @ 4:16 am
It works properly!!! :)

Posted Wed 03 Mar 04 @ 11:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)