Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installed drivers, plugged in console, then...NOTHING! Help!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am in desperate need of help since the manual that came with the console is totally inadequate. I received a new console from Hercules after the first one was not responding, but I need some help. After installing the drivers from the CD that they sent, I plugged in the USB cable from the console to my PC. Under setup in VDJ, I setup my PC with my Soundcard 1 and Hercules DJ console as my Soundcard 2. After I exited, none of the buttons were responsive once again just like the first console that I returned to Hercules. What am I doing wrong, or is it just the console again? I then tried to set up Hercules as my Soundcard 1 and my other soundcard that is on my PC as Soundcard 2 and got the same results. FYI I do not have speakers but am merely using my PC speakers that plug into my soundcard. I apologize for the lame question, but shouldn't I be ready to start operating with the console after all of these steps?

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 4:49 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
from what i gather, once you install the hercules dj console it disables any other soundcard installed on your pc....

so basically all i did was install the drivers for the console > plug the console in when it tells me to > then install virtual dj console version > update it > run the program and everything is already setup.... also you are a full version user, so it will differ for you...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 5:51 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Hercules Console doesn't disable your other soundcard, but it does try to be the default soundcard when it is plugged in, then your other soundcard becomes default again when the Console is unplugged. I leave my Console plugged in all the time and simply route the main output to an audio input on my other soundcard, that way I hear both through the speakers. It also means I can add effects onto the output of the DJ Console.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 6:40 pm
Alright, I finally got the console to work with the VDJ version that came with the console, but I am unable to use it on the VDJ Full version. Under set up, how do I set up my system? Do I set up Hercules as my Soundcard 1, and my PC soundcard as Soundcard 2? Then do I click on the picture of the headphones and the speaker that are next to each other? Can someone with who has the console and the full version help? What is the point of owning the full version if I cannot use the console? And the VDJ console version does not enable some of the functions of the full version. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 1:55 am
You're problem is strange. I have the DJ Console and VDJ Full (I sent my console back to hercules now for wheel hyperactivity).

But I had not any problem to configure and use the full version with the console. The only problem is that the headphone can't be connected to the front output for this time. You have to connect it to the rear of the console (if you want to use it)

All sound configuration are possible according to your needs.
So I don't see which your problem can be. o_Ô
Maybe something with windows, your drivers, your usb... I don't know.

Kaléo

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:43 am
I got the answer to my problem. Under set up, I didn't know that I had to enable Hercules under the remote control tab. Sorry for the newbie brain fart!

Posted Thu 19 Feb 04 @ 12:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)