Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console shown as a malfunctioning USB device

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

THe DJ console froze last night while using VDJ. I rebooted. SInce then the DJ COnsole is not recognised by windows. It is reported as an unknown USB device, also reported as "the USB device is malfunctioning and cannot be recognised by windows"! I have uninstalled the drivers/rebooted/then reinstalled. CAn anyone suggest something else to try?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 7:58 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If possible, I'd suggest trying it in another computer before doing much else. If it doesn't work on that one, you know the device is faulty, not your PC.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 10:11 am
Thanks for the help. I was going to try the console with a friends computer over the w/e however is there anything else I can try before doing this? Has this problem happened to anyone else before?

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 11:13 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
just taking a stab at it, might not actually do anything but maybe try to change usb ports - or even disconnect all other devices that use usb - possibly not enough power going to it?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 1:39 am
I had the exact same error (not with VDJ but another usb-device)
This might help ya: Try another USB-cable.

i once had a webcam which didn't work 100%. i have send it back to the store 3 times, they sent it back to me 3 times because they could not find any error. once i used another usb-cable, the webcam began to work correctly. so this might help you out.

The faulty usbcable has a new function: i put my laundry on it

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 7:43 am
update : It turns out that the DJ COnsole is indeed malfunctioning. It only lasted one week. I have sent it back to the retailer.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 8:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)