Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pre-listen to both decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am unable to select both headphone inputs (both decks) to listen to. It seems to be possible according to the manual however VDJ only allows me to select only one headpone input at a time. This is frustrating because a normal mixer would allow you to do this especially for mixing the beginning of the song. Can anyone help?

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 2:37 pm
try another skin (the pioneer one)

than you can have both channels in the earphone

Posted Mon 09 Feb 04 @ 2:27 am
OK. Thanks. But how can I download the skin if I don't have a serial number as I am a DJ Console user?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 04 @ 8:25 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All skins are available for all users.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 04 @ 9:01 am
milesbeverley, you can also get yourself a y-wire convertor (or build one yourself). The best way to PFL both channels is to use an external mixer.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 04 @ 11:53 am
jonjonzHome userMember since 2003
If you examine the .xml file used in the pioneer skin you can see how this is achieved and then potentially add this to any skin that you wish (along with a little editing of the .bmp file in Photoshop).

Would Atomix have any objections to someone doing this with the default advanced skin and submitting it for download by other users?

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 11:33 pm
Hi Milesbeverley,

VirtualDJ version for DJ Console doesn't support activating the monitoring of both decks in the headphones, you must select 1 deck.
Monitoring both decks simultaneously is probably reserved to VirtualDJ retail version.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 9:55 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, all versions are able to monitoring both decks in the headphones.

You can use some skins that have headphone_mix option or create a shortcut to modifie the value of headphone_mix.
(action="headphone_mix" , value="4096" choose the key you want)

Made In Breizh: I suppose you are french so this link talk about this:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=3473

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 10:16 pm
twe69Home userMember since 2004
are you talking about the pioneer cdj700s skin? Cos thats giving me an xml error :( I have the latest vdj patch installed.... Will have to see if the above xml bit works for me.... or is there another skin that has this feature? Cos i tried to install about 8 of them so far - only worked, the rest gave me xml errors...

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 2:02 am
twe69 are you using the latest version of VDJ, I think that the skins error if you are using the version on the CD that came with the console

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 8:32 am
I have upload the Default Advanced (1024 x 768) skin I edited to include the HeadPhone Mix slider to Atomix. All credit should go to Atomix I only added a slider :).

Hopefully you should be able to download it from them soon.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 8:58 am
yep i have version 1.08 installed - will wait for jonjonz skin and check that out...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 1:33 am
hmmm, just checked it said 1.06 - strange... anyway redownloaded the update and reinstalled it.... definately says 1.08 now... going to try the skins again...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 1:39 am
ok tried the pioneer skin and can listen to both decks without a problem... so all is good again...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 1:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)